TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #41
markandanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali camping View Post
Anyone heard if these are available from the dealers yet? Any owners out there?
We went down to the RV show in Denver this past weekend and The Car Show had theirs on the display floor with a SOLD! sign on it so I'd guess they are available although probably in short supply right now.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #42
Al-n-Sue

Default RV Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandanne View Post
We went down to the RV show in Denver this past weekend and The Car Show had theirs on the display floor with a SOLD! sign on it so I'd guess they are available although probably in short supply right now.
We were there too! Spent some time at the Car Show booth, but must have not been there when you were! My salesman told me he had sold two of the Elkmonts at the show. Both customers were current TM owners who traded in their old unit because they were just getting too old to raise the tops anymore. He suggested that most of the Elkmont customers would likely be TM owners, since they tend to be pretty loyal.

I thought the unit was pretty nice, well made and with good quality. There is a new model that has a hide-a-bed couch instead of a bed, which gives more living space, but takes away the advantage of not having to set up the bed.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:31 AM   #43
jimbojrxsf

Default hide-a-bed

If there is a hideabed option, I believe I have found what I'm looking for. I'll be headed to the factory to scope it out in the next two weeks.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #44
Carol & Lou cornell

Default Traded in our 3124 for the Upright

This week we picked up our new upright Elkmont Trailmanor. We saw the new model last week at the Florida RV show in Tampa. I had been waiting to see it after reading about it here. It seems to be a better match for us because we travel with our 2 dogs, and it became an inconvenience for us and them when we had no place for them to go when we stopped for shopping or lunch. Either my hubby or me had to stay with them in the car while the other of us ran the errands.
Also, we liked the walk-around bed and especially the larger refrigerator. I spent the last 2 days repacking and reorganizing our spaces inside, and I believe we have a little more space than in the 3124, if you include the underbed storage.
Next week we're taking it on a 3 night "shake-down cruise" about 100 miles away.
Had to tow it home about 50 miles from the dealer. Hubby reported very little sway - almost no difference, even on the interstate. We tow with a 2008 Toyota Highlander. One interesting thing - it weighs less than all the other fold-down TMs of any size.
We're really happy to have this option as we really liked the TM product over the year we had our 3124.

Carol & Lou Cornell
St Petersburg, FL
Old 01-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #45
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Good for you!

We love our TM, but we do travel with our 19 year old kitty, so I can appreciate having somewhere to keep your pets when you stop for errands, or to eat.

Here in CA it's illegal to leave your pet in a car when it's hot enough to do them harm (as well it should be), but it's also very hard to find a place to eat where you can bring your pet along. So far we've been able to find fast-food places with outdoor playgrounds or seating areas as acceptable places to take the kitty (we haven't had any complaints), but a lot of the time, I have to sit outside in the shade with the kitty in a pet carrier while the rest of the family eats (that's OK with me though, I don't need to eat fast-food anyway).

It doesn't take that long to open up the TM, but when you're in a hurry, every 20 minutes makes a difference.

Do let us know how you like your new TM.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #46
ameridan

Great to hear that the Highlander pulled the trailer fine without installing sway bars. Did any large semi's pass you during that ride home? Keep us posted - the Elkmont could really catch on if it tows that nicely behind the smaller SUVs/minivans.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #47
JOEALAN

Default Elkmount Trailmanor

Hi Carol, Lou,

Just wishing you and your spouse great camping trips with your new Elkmount Trailer.
I'm very interested in hearing how your new trailermanor handles on the road. Only if it had a folding bed in order to get a little more living space. Please do keep in touch.

Have a great day!

Joe Silveira
Old 01-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #48
Al-n-Sue

Joe - I've seen a picture of an option that has a folding couch/bed in the front instead of the full bed. The salesman at the RV show in Denver confirmed that it was an option. It DOES provide a lot more room in the living area. You just have to "make" the bed every night.
Alan
Old 02-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #49
Carol & Lou cornell

I posted a response in the new thread for Elkmonts, but wanted to respond to some of the questions above. First, we noticed very little wind sway from big trucks while we were travelling on the Interstate (I-4). We went about 200 miles round trip, most of it on highways. We use a weight distribution hitch and that may help. We noticed that mileage was pretty much the same or a smidge better. The Elkmont's dry weight is about 500 lbs lighter than our 3124.
We felt like we had more "walking around" space inside. We took out the dinette table, covered the holes in the floor that the table legs screw in to with a little throw rug, and that worked great. We used folding TV trays when we needed a table inside. By the way, we rarely used the installed table in our 3124KB because it filled the aisle. We used the TV trays there too.
The Elkmont has a digital TV mounted on the wall by the door and it is on a swivel mount, so you can watch it from the bed or the sofa. We were both able to watch even though one of us watched from the bed and the other from the sofa.
We love the full size refrigerator, and the stove has a separate oven below it and a seperate mocrowave and range hood above. There's enough storge space in the bathroom to store towels. There is less outside storage (there's one compartment in the front behind where the propane tanks are located), but the bed matress raises on haudraulics and there's storage underneath. The matress is about 6" high, so it's thicker than the matresses in the 3124, but not a lot. We have added a padded matress cover and that helps.
There is a full-sized screen door. The dogs loved that - they could watch out the door and comment on passersby.
I guess the biggest difference was when it came time to leave. We moved things that might fall over to the floor or bed, dumped the tanks, put the hoses away, hitched up and left. The fridge automatically switches from electric to gas when you unplug from the power, so we just had to make sure the gas was on. While we never much minded the chores of closing the 3124, (unlike the people in Denver, we don't consider ourselves too old to open and close the 3124) I have to admit this was faster. I don't think we would have traded in the 3124 for any other brand/model than the Elkmont. We're happy we had this opportunity.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #50
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

We can't wait to see the new Elkmont trailer in person. From what I have heard, they will be making some other sizes and floor plans in the future. I can't wait to see a larger one that would fit our needs after owing two 3326King TrailManors. The floor plan for the 3326King is really nice with all of the counter space plus having a permanent side dinette and also a living room area. A floor plan similar to this in the Elkmont would be just great to have.