TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: would you pay to hook up at a truck stop?
no 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2003, 09:52 AM   #1
grayghost

Default overnight stays during trip

while driving through iowa i spotted a small truck stop that offered overnight hookups for a small fee.

i thought this would be a great marketing idea for flying j, petro, etc. if they had say about 10 or so hookups where you could stay for the night on your way to someplace else, would you take advantage of it. it would just be a parking spot with electric. i don't know what they would charge but i'm thinking 3-7 dollars would be feasible.

this way you have the option of eating in their restaurant, using the showers, using the dump station, getting propane and/or petrol

the reason i thought of this is because three times we have pulled into a campground in the dark, after driving down unfamiliar dark streets just to stay for the night.

what do you all think?

eileen
Old 10-20-2003, 04:54 PM   #2
Windbreaker

Default Re:overnight stays during trip

Don't think we would ever do that. We are both country kids that are living in town now and hate waking up to unexpected sounds that get through the brick walls of out house on a quiet street at the edge of town. I just don't think eather of us would get any sleep at all. We think twice about camping next to a freeway and do it only if there is no where else.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:54 PM   #3
camperboy

Can't say as I like the idea. I have seen it, but prefer the quieter and somewhat more secure campground setting. Would only consider doing it if we had a MH that we could drive away without unlocking the door.

Alternatively, we stayed at the Newburgh, NY KOA and they had sites right be the entrance for overnighters and late arrivals. Water and elec. hook-ups. Kept us from disturbing other campers.

Just my .02
Camperboy
Old 10-22-2003, 12:47 PM   #4
arknoah

Can't say as it would be my first choice, either, because of the noise, and fumes, etc. It might be a good option if something has gone werong with the trailer or tow vehicle, and would allow us to stay right where it is until one or both could be prepared, basically, for emergencies.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:10 AM   #5
k_and_p_camping

Ughhh. I don't think I would ever stay overnight at a truck stop voluntarily, free or paid! Diesels run all night long at most of them, and the fumes and noise would drive me crazy. Our TMs are insulated, but not that much!

I have stayed overnight (once) at a place that was basically just a parking lot with electricity. It was designed for overnighters, with pull-throughs. It was pretty cheap too, but I don't remember how much. Didn't even like that much, though it would beat a truck stop.

Pam
Old 10-23-2003, 08:40 AM   #6
PAUL_R

I would, especially if I became fatigued and felt I was becoming a risk on the road. We try to limit our driving to 8hr days and look for a campground before night fall.