TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
rgbrennan

Default Our new but used 1992 tm so excited

So we are the proud owners of a 92 TM got for $2000 but everything in it works and beyond minor cosmetics its perfect. Here are some pics to show the work in progress. Everyone who sees it says its really cool they never seen one before. My wife and i never seen one either and were in the hunt for a pop up when we found this in Detroit Mich. Drove 9 hours just to see it and buy but well worth it. We cant wait to camp in it when its all completed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tm1.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	7077   Click image for larger version

Name:	tm4.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	7078   Click image for larger version

Name:	tm3.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	7079   Click image for larger version

Name:	tm2.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	7080  
Old 03-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
happybeebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbrennan View Post
So we are the proud owners of a 92 TM got for $2000 but everything in it works and beyond minor cosmetics its perfect. Here are some pics to show the work in progress. Everyone who sees it says its really cool they never seen one before. My wife and i never seen one either and were in the hunt for a pop up when we found this in Detroit Mich. Drove 9 hours just to see it and buy but well worth it. We cant wait to camp in it when its all completed.
Congratulations on your new(to you)TM. Know that you are going to enjoy it. We also when looking for a trailer saw the Tm for the first time and grabbed it right then and there. Have fun.

Bob
Old 03-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Don & Ginger

Default New T U TM

Cosmetics are easy to take care of and you will have a lot of fun doing it. So glad you found a nice TM, you will like it and all its room so much better than the popup, and like a popup you won't even know it is behind you.
Good luck with your project.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

wow
it looks grt, glad to see another vintage survior, you will have a large time with it. and again welcome

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
MariaG

Congrats! We got ours in Detroit as well - Centerline to be exact - but only had to drive 90 minutes or so.
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Congratulations on your TM! It looks like it's in pretty good shape. Is this the model with the queen in the back, and dinette (that turns into a bed) between the refrigerator and front full sized bed? If so, it's the older version of the 2720, like ours.

If you need any advice on fixing things, this is the place to ask.

Happy camping!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
rgbrennan

Yes B and D, queen size and table turns into another bed. Then full size at the other end. Which is good to know now i know for sure its a 2720 was trying to figure that part out. MariaG we bought ours from M&M rv center in Detroit. Its sounds like you might be near Michigan we are located in Sault Ste Marie all the way at the top in the U.P.. As far as fixing or replacing things the only thing that really needed replaceing was the wood that holds the vinyl flaps and the wood pieces in the door. Which was all pretty easy to replace. Other than that like i said before it really is in great shape. Just got the A/C unit working today i think it was the original that came with it. The only other major item is the thermostat for the heater needs to be calibrated and tweaked. will continue to post pics as the work goes on.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
rumbleweed

Quote:
Whats all that white stuff piled next to it??
Old 03-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Yes B and D, queen size and table turns into another bed. Then full size at the other end. Which is good to know now i know for sure its a 2720 was trying to figure that part out. MariaG we bought ours from M&M rv center in Detroit. Its sounds like you might be near Michigan we are located in Sault Ste Marie all the way at the top in the U.P.. As far as fixing or replacing things the only thing that really needed replaceing was the wood that holds the vinyl flaps and the wood pieces in the door. Which was all pretty easy to replace. Other than that like i said before it really is in great shape. Just got the A/C unit working today i think it was the original that came with it. The only other major item is the thermostat for the heater needs to be calibrated and tweaked. will continue to post pics as the work goes on.
Congratulations on getting a good used TM. We bought ours used as well, and we love it.

So you live in "the Soo". Regarding the question about the "white stuff" piled near it, I can see that you aren't having a hard winter. I was stationed at Kincheloe AFB back in 60-61. It was just east of Rudyard. Most of it is prisons now. In those two winters they demonstrated that UP folks know how to do winter right! I took flying lessons at the old version of SSM airport, the one that was next to the modern airport that is there today. Grass runways, no tower. What beautiful country to fly over at 1000-2000 feet. When we practiced emergency landings one had to check the chosen field for cows.

In 2003 some folks organized an all years reunion, which we attended. Much has changed, much has not. Stood on the corner of Portage and Ashmun again. But I really enjoyed getting to show the DW the UP of Michigan. We did it all, White Point lighthouse, Painted Rocks NM including the boat tour, Taquamenon Falls and a lot of beautiful country.

Enjoy that TM.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
clown9644

Congratulations on your new to you TM. I can vouch for M & M as a great dealer to work with, I have bought 2 units from them and have always felt they treated me fairly. The guys in service are terrific. You have the best combination, a great TM and a great dealer too! Don't forget to join the Trailblazers, they have a newsletter and some fun activities too!!

Tags
tm 23, vintage tm