TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
retiredgoat

Hi All,

FYI - I found the cable from the TV antenna hand crank area tucked away under the trim where the inner wall meets the ceiling running all the way back to the bag seal area and runs down the back shell and down the arm to end up entering the bottom of the TM and routing to the wall plate next to the Refer.

Ive never taken apart the Antenna hand crank area to see what's up in there but if another cable could fit maybe route the new cable to the front area through the side trim area.

Good luck
Bob
Old 01-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
manorlife
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredgoat View Post
Hi All,

FYI - I found the cable from the TV antenna hand crank area tucked away under the trim where the inner wall meets the ceiling running all the way back to the bag seal area and runs down the back shell and down the arm to end up entering the bottom of the TM and routing to the wall plate next to the Refer.

Ive never taken apart the Antenna hand crank area to see what's up in there but if another cable could fit maybe route the new cable to the front area through the side trim area.

Good luck
Bob
i'm not sure how anyone could 'route' or 'snake' this unless you remove the trim, staple the cable and then reinstall the trim. if you have any suggestions on how to do this please let mee know.
manorlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
manorlife
BannedUsers

after much thought I'm thinking that instead of doing any snaking... it might be better to just bring the cable down the winegard and then run it straight to the front on the roof (outside) and drill a hole directly where the cabinets are over the bed area. only potential issue is i'm not sure how to leakproof the small hole i need to make. is there some sort ot bulkhead that I can run a cable through that would seal the hole and make it leak proof or at least leak resistant because we all know silicone breaks down after somee time.
manorlife is offline   Reply With Quote