TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #71
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Just talked to CurlyOnTop and she's given me a list of things to look for. Thanks Curly!

I also called Texas RV and Shaunna Battles tells me that they are going over these trailers carefully and assured me that all systems will be working correctly, and that they will go over each one with us to demonstrate that they work as advertised.

By the way, Shaunna at Texas RV has been great to work with.

So I've got my hopes up.

My main concern now is leakage. How can you inspect for that unless it's pouring rain ... which I guess isn't that common in Texas. My wife suggests that at our first campsite, we get out the hose and soak the thing. We might just do that.

Oh yes, the layout. That's why we bought it, that and the TrailManor reputation <sigh>. Wish us luck.
brulaz,

The dealer should have no problems with hosing down your trailer at delivery, if asked. Don't be shy about asking. They should be set-up to do this. I would ask them to run the water over the trailer for at least 15 minutes.

Soaking it down at a CG might be frowned upon. They don't usually like people getting the site all soaking wet.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #72
curlyontop

If the dealer agrees and does soak your unit, open your outside refer vents to see if they are wet. ours get wet inside from a gentle shower. Norcold says NO water should enter these vents!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #73
rumbleweed

I would also ask the dealer how they wash the TM for delivery prep. It is way to easy to use a commercial big rig power washer. This get the TM nice and clean very quickly. The problem is that this loosens the caulk and cause leaks or sets you up for future leaks. Never use anything but a cleaning mitt or soft RV brush on your TM.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #74
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Default Make sure that they do not use a high pressure hose

A high pressure hose like a power washer can lift the caulking. You never know who will get assigned to do this job and what they will think is the right thing to do.
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote