TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #31
RejoiceWay
Site Sponsor

Yes we went to the factory in Tennessee - drove all the way from WA to NC to visit friends and made a stop at the factory. Wish I had checked things better before we left the factory, but it was late and they were closing. Should have taken the time to drive back the next day.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #32
Tampajohn

We have an appointment on June 16. Hope it works out better for us. We went there last year and they could not have been any nicer. Will follow up with report.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #33
TravlinOn

We went to Jacksboro in May for a tune-up and to fix some leveling problems on our TM. Like most everyone else, I agree that the TM people are very friendly and easy to work with.

I'm not totally happy with the work although I do credit the fact that often a repair on a complex mechanical devise can unexpectedly lead to causing or revealing a need to do another repair. That's probably what happened in our case - the repairs that were done resulted in the trailer becoming more difficult to close along with some other problems that will necessitate a return to the factory. On the other hand, the repair work that was done did correct a leveling and door-closure problem.

One gripe that I have is that in replacing a top latch and its catch, it looks like some type of industrial caulk gun was used with the result that there was a mound of caulk that didn't quite get around all bolt heads/nuts in a confined area. As a result, I had one major leak and one minor leak as soon as I hit some rain on the way home. I had to remove the caulk gobs and do a better job with the trusty 3M product that most(?) TMers here use.

Other comments:

-- I had no problem using my GPS to find the TM factory - I use a #TomTom. But be sure to type in the correct address which is on McGhee Lane in Jacksboro not McGee Lane. Also, don't give up! The factory is at the end of the street and is completely hidden from view until you turn into its drive. I saw no signage at all from the road, but it really is there!

-- Cove Lake State Park is close both to the Interstate and to the factory. Make reservations! Mid-week might be more available than weekends because locals go fishing there. The campsites that are close to the water are almost impossible to get into if you have one of the longer TM's. Some of the other sites look like "ice cream scoops" with pop-tops perched like cherries on top. Fortunately, the park staff are easy to work with and help in relocating to more accessible sites.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #34
Randy

Default Factory Tune-Up

Just got back from the TM factory for our tune-up. The staff did a great job and were very accommodating. Dennis walked us through everything that was done as part of our tune-up.

We also enjoyed the opportunity to tour the production area with Todd. There were four Silver Trails in various stages of assembly. This is a very sharp looking trailer (the pictures do not do it justice). From what we saw the fit and finish looked very good (neat, tight and clean). It is obvious that TM has made efforts to improve the overall quality of their product. If our TM didn't have a few good miles left we would have been very tempted to spring for a new Silver Trail.

We also had a chance to check out the new Rise travel trailer. There were two in the back lot ( one regular width and one narrow width). They were working on the interior of standard width trailer. I can see how the Rise may be a very attractive alternative for those looking for a light weight travel trailer without a lot of set-up required. Reminiscent of a Hi-Lo, the bones are obvious TM. The one they were working on had the walk around murphy bed in front which some will find appealing as well as the larger bath area in the rear. Sounds like the Rise will be assembled in Nebraska.

Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #35
Tampajohn

Just picked up the TM about half hour ago. What can I say, they are great. They went through it completely with lifting and closing the unit. It is perfect. Ed is great and does a great job in trying to make you happy. They did a few things and did not charge me for them. I must say Ed is the answer man about TM. He is so busy on the phone answering questions. Anything about a TM, ask him, but he is constantly busy. Have patience if you are trying to get in touch with him. They told me about the new dealer in Tampa, but I said that it was worth the trip. Nothing wrong with Lazy Days, but since I was in the area, I just felt more comfortable with the factory. Thanks TM for all you do.

BTW, I saw the new trailer. Neat, but probably expensive.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #36
raygor

Default My tuneup story

Thought i would share my tuneup story. I have a ten year old 2720SD that we love but takes my wife and I joint heavy lifting to get the front up. Called TM about the tuneup and they said they do it all time of the year now. So I made an appointment for Monday Nov. 17 th. I'm in Minnesota and tried to get it fixed here. A local dealer that used to sell TM's said the lift system was as adjusted as it can get and they couldn't do anything about it. So I marathoned it to TN and stayed at the State Park the night before. Water was shutoff but had electricity. With senior rate off season it cost a whole 10.93 a night. Got to TM at eight and met the great staff. Asked for the tuneup and added to replace the ripped trim on each end and install a lift kit. Gave them a list of problems, mostly the crooked door and hard to lift front. Got the factory tour and stayed most of the day, incase they had questions. The tuneup was done by noon and the lift kit was installed in the afternoon. I was on the road back to MN by four. It was well worth the trip. My wife can now lift the front up with one hand. The front dinette easily slides out and the back bed used to come out of the track, now fixed. Door is square and they even refoam taped it. Went through and tightened loose screws replaced worn bumpers etc. Did a great job and with the new lift system and spare tire adjustment, I can get 15" tires next time I replace them if I want.
Thank You Ed and the whole TM staff. Hope my trailer will last a least another ten years.
Rick

2004 - 2720SD
2002 Ford Explorer V6

St. Paul, Minnesota
raygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #37
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Glad to hear good things!

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #38
moaboy

Good to hear when it works!
Old 12-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #39
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
As I mentioned, I was prepared for two new bars. Will and his boys replaced one, but discovered that the second one had acquired a subtle bend that was easy to straighten. My guess is that the bend was there from Day 1, but I have no way to be sure. At any rate, Will did his best to keep the cost down, for which I was grateful.

Bill
Bill,

I'm not meaning to resurrect an old thread, but I didn't want to take a related post from a current thread too much off topic. The post I'm referring to is #8 from http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=18752

"Just an idle thought. It seems to me that the hardest part of lifting the shells, at least on my two TMs, is the first 12 inches or so. Once the shell is up that far, the rest of the lift is easy to do by hand. Perhaps there is some way to install a motor-driven jackscrew, much like a tongue jack. It would assist with the first part of the lift, then stop and let you take over. That has got to be a simpler mechanism than one that continues to operate all the way to the full-open position.

Padgett, you've thought a lot about this. What do you think? Cindy, would a partial lift work for you?

Bill"

Was the lift adjustment you had done in 2014 not enough, or did it rapidly become heavy again?

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #40
joe_mack

Default factory tune up

I'm interested in the spring tune-up. However; I am not planning on going to South Dakota. Can anyone inform me of a Trailmanor dealer that has the ability to adjust the camper? I live in Raleigh, NC, so somewhere close would be great. I also have a water leak that needs repair.

Thanks,

Joe Makarczyk 2008-3124
joe_mack is offline   Reply With Quote