TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
Sherrylynnc

Default Bath Faucet Leaking at Black T

We just found a leak this past week in our TM bath faucet. I didn't drain the shower head and it must have cracked with the freezing weather. It is still in warranty and I wonder if we should try to fix it ourselves or just take it to a RV dealer to repair.

It is not the shower head that broke. It is leaking at the back of the faucet where the little black T part is mounted on the faucet. I can't find any place to take the faucet set off and replace with a new one.

Our kitchen faucet sprayer broke too but it was an easy fix, just went to Home Depot and bought another shower head and replaced.

Next year I will remember to drain the spray heads!

Any suggestions on what we should do? I hate to take it and leave it at the RV repair place.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
Redhawk

Mine was the same when purchased used, previous owner didn't drain the water....I tried to repair it, but that didn't work out real well. Ended up replacing the faucet assembly. It's such a cheap piece of plastic I'm surprised it lasts as long as it does. I think it was about $50. It's a shame there's not a quality piece to replace it with.

On the 2619 it was a very easy job to replace it. Hope they cover it under warranty...but I'd be surprised.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Same with us. There were very few things wrong with our used TM, but there was a crack in the T in the shower faucet as well. Could not order a replacement T and bought a new expensive one from the RV parts place near here. I did have to cut the stem to fit in the space between the walls. Very easy to do.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
Sherrylynnc

Our TM is a 2009 model. I don't know if all the bath faucets are mounted the same but I could not find a way to remove the old faucet set. The closest TM dealer is over an hour drive from us and I'm not sure that all RV repairs places know how to set up a TM. It has to be set up to replace the faucet.

Has anyone else taken their RV to a repair place other than an authorized TM Dealer?

I'm going to make a few calls and see what I can find out.

Does anyone know of a site that shows how these are mounted? I can't find anything in our manual about it.

Thank you,

Sherry Lynn
Old 04-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
Redhawk

I only know the 2619, so I MAY be way off on your model. You have to gain access to the back of the tub, on mine there's a small door on the back of the TM that allows that. I bet if you look around in the storage? area or on the back of your TM, you will find the way in.

Once you find it, the water lines should be able to be unscrewed by hand, then you'll see a couple of large plastic nuts that hold the faucet in place. They should could loose easily too....when those are loose, the faucet will fall off into the tub. Hope that helps some.....
Old 04-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
Sherrylynnc

Thank you Redhawk. We found it. It's in the storage area where the battery is located. Now I'm wondering if we should just buy a faucet set at Home Depot or do we need to order from TM Factory? We called dealer and it's a hour and a half drive for us to take it to them, one way. We would not be able to get it back same day, so we are looking at 6 hours driving back and forth to get them to repair it. It would be covered under warranty though. Seems like it should be an easy fix.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
Redhawk

If it's like mine with the shower connector on it, I was not able to find a replacement other than from TM.

The dealer should be able to ship it to you.

If you find a replacement....I'm sure we'd all like to know about it.
Glad you found it! Part of the learning we all go through I think.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #8
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

My TM is still closed up, so I can't say for sure, but I think this is what is in ours. Can someone check if it has a 4" center?

If it is you might be able to get one from your local Hardware Store.

HTH, Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #9
REBCAT

Default shower repair

I own a 2008 3124 KS and unless they have made major changes, access to the shower faucet assembly is thru the left rear storage compartment just behind the battery. The factory faucet sets are plastic and tend to break easily even with just normal use. This is my second TM, my previous 2619 had started to leak in mid summer use. I replaced the plactic assembly with a metal one purchased at Camping World, but most any RV store should carry a selection of faucets and you should be able to find one that matches.
The previous entry on how to change out the faucet is excellant and the job olny requires a little patients and thread tape.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #10
Bruce

We own a 2000 3124 KS and on our last outing the tub faucet sprayed water all over when I turned it on to fill the toilet.
The only way to get the faucet out on our rig is to take off the raised panel that the faucet is attached to. There are 2 long screws at the top corners of the panel and 3 screws along the bottom under a piece of trim that must be pryed off.
I took the faucet out but discovered that the leak was not in the faucet itself but in the little piece that screws into the middle top of the faucet and connects to the shower hose. I could have saved myself a lot of trouble had I know that.
This little piece has a hole in it that apparently is there for some reason - maybe to serve as a vacuum breaker? It must have a check valve behind it that had fouled up because this little hole was what was allowing the water to escape.
Rather than order a new faucet from the factory I fashioned a gasket under the head of a small flat head screw and screwed it into the hole. Problem solved but I wonder what purpose that hole served?
Has anyone else had this happen?