TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-31-2003, 10:52 AM   #1

Default F 150 and Running fridge on Dc Connection ???

F 150 and Running fridge on Dc Connection ??? ,has anyone done  that , i'm kind want to do that by myself and  I test the plug on the back of my truck has no power coming so i'll have to running from car battery with a relay just don't know where should get power from, once the car key is ON has anyone done that that can give  me a better idea Thank you
Old 05-31-2003, 02:52 PM   #2
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Default Re: F 150 and Running fridge on Dc Connection ???

Hi Delta99,
Welcome to the TM family.  I have towed with 3 different Fords in the past 10 years, all of the vehicles had the factory towing package, which includes the 7-pin electrical plug under the rear bumper.

If your F150 has the plug in the back, it also came with a relay for you to plug into the electrical panel under the hood (driver's side) and the diagram that explains how to do it.  If you bought the truck used, you can buy the relay at any Ford dealership.

I can tell you from my experience that you can run the fridge on DC while you are traveling with very good results.  The relay disconnects the trailer from the truck when you turn the key off, so there is no drain from the truck battery.  The battery(s) on your trailer will keep your fridge running on DC for several hours (9-10 amp/hr drain).

If you still are having difficulty, write again with specific symptoms and we'll try to help you get it running right.
Old 05-31-2003, 03:28 PM   #3

Thx Paul
Iknow i can get the power from the battery to go relay but i need to know where i'll get the power for the relay ,something that comes on when i turn the key.

Thx again i bought a 2720 sl and pull with a 2000 f150 xl
;D ??? ;D
Old 06-01-2003, 03:24 AM   #4

Never mind about the above answer ,check under the hood found the box and also found the instructions for running the wires for the trailer charging and also my backup lights on the trailer ,can u tell me all i need is to install the relays ??, or i still had to running the wires all way to the back of my truck ?? , or those relay are actually seating inside of that box as spare??? thx
Old 06-01-2003, 05:14 AM   #5

Afther reading your post one more time   i went to the engine and saw the fuse box on the engine and was able to pinpoint that those 2 relay are not there or never came with the truck(backup light and charging of trailer battery),and to think they wanna charge from $150 to running the wire for the backup light and on another place more them $250 for both what crucks ,Thank you one more time Paul you save some $$$ i hope what goes around comes around for you hehehe Thx again.