TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2004, 05:49 PM   #1
Talley01

Updated pictures of the lower seal rail section that I removed from my unit. The material is actually a plastic product and can be purchased at many hardware/lumber stores.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	break_old.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	250   Click image for larger version

Name:	new_rail.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	252   Click image for larger version

Name:	rail_prep.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	253  
Old 10-24-2004, 01:00 PM   #2
jimair1548

Can someone help me out....as I read many of these posts, they mention pictures of one thing or the other, and I don't seem to find the pics. What do I need to do to bring them up. Signed...a newbee...(Jim)
jimair1548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:45 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Jim - If the post is more than a few months old, it probably came from the old board. Unfortunately, many of the pictures seem to have been lost in the conversion. If there is something you really want to see, you could PM the author of the post and ask if he could email a copy of the pictures to you.

For newer posts (within the past few months), the pics are a part of the post itself - there is a thumbnail pic at the bottom of the post. Click on the thumbnail to bring up the full size pic.

Scroll up 6 posts above yours to Talley01's post dated 10-09. Do you see two thumbnails at the bottom of his post? You should.

Occasionally someone seems to have trouble attaching pictures. I wasn't aware that there was a limited space allocation, but Talley01 tried to post pictures again on 10-18, and apparently got an error message.

Is there is a specific post you think should have pix, but you can't see any pix? If so, let us know which post and we'll see if there is something we can do.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 05:43 AM   #4
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Bill I think there is a limit ! I can not add anymore unless I delete pictures, I wish people could leave them ,Pictures are like a thousand words!!!!!!! Maybe this could be changed ? The Rip
Old 10-25-2004, 08:45 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Rip - I'm still getting used to the operation of the new board. Would you do this for me, please?

In the upper left corner of the screen, click the button called "User CP" (User Control Panel). In the menu that opens up, look way down at the bottom for a button labeled "Attachments". Click it. It should show you a list of everything you have attached to all of your messages. It also shows you the total space used by these attachments. How many attachments are in your list? How much total space do they use?

This is a good place to look at the file size for each of your attachments. Are any of them really big? Generally 50-75 KB is more than sufficient, and sometimes a great deal less is quite adequate. If you have any really big pictures, this would be a good time to shrink them in your graphics program. Then delete the original attachment, and attach the shrunken version. This could free up quite a bit of space in your allocation.

Shrinking picture files is really easy in Microsoft Paint, which is part of all versions of Windows. If you need a three-step tutorial, let me know.

Bill
Old 10-25-2004, 03:07 PM   #6
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Lightbulb Just for Reference .....

...Bill, I have 13 uploaded .jpg's for a total of 1.45 mb. I've had no trouble posting images --- so far.

Denny
Old 10-25-2004, 04:25 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Default The Process

I had a private inquiry about how to post pictures. I always figure that if one person asks, several more would like to know but haven't asked. So try this.

1. Know where the picture file is stored on the computer.
2. Check the size of the picture file. If it is more than about 50KB, consider shrinking it. This is easy - about 3 steps in Microsoft Paint, which you have on your computer.
3. Compose the text part of your new post (or if it is an existing post, click EDIT).
4. Scroll down (way down) below the text part of your post, and click "Manage Attachments".
5. Click the first "Browse" button.
6. Navigate to your stored picture, click the name, and click OPEN. If you want to attach multiple pictures, hit another Browse button, and repeat.
7. Click "Upload" and wait until it indicates it is done.
8. Click "Close this window". You should see the filename(s) of your picture(s), along with the size of each.
9. Click "Save" or "Submit".

That's it!

Bill
Old 10-25-2004, 06:01 PM   #8
Talley01

Bill

I just looked at the pictures that I posted - there is only two - about 400K each. I didn't think to check the size of the file before I uploaded them. The gague indicator on the attachment section shows I'm about out of space so there may be only about 1.5 meg of space per user. Can I delete existing pics and re-post after I compact them?

Talley01
Old 10-25-2004, 07:57 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talley01
Can I delete existing pics and re-post after I compact them?
Yes, absolutely. That is the best way to handle the problem. In my experience, you should handle it in two steps. EDIT, DELETE-ATTACHMENT, SUBMIT. Then EDIT, ATTACH, SUBMIT.

Bill
Old 10-26-2004, 09:38 AM   #10
Larry_Loo

Default Is a user's attachment limit an annual allotment or lifetime one?

I looked into my "User CP" and discovered:
1. the Red Bar indicates that I've used 342.8 KB to store 9 uploaded attachments.
2. the Green Bar indicates that my (remaining) maximum attachment storage is 1,000 KB.

Is my attachment allotment of 1,342.8 KB an annual allotment or a lifetime one?