TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

I'm not opposed to camping with or without power and hook ups, but most public campgrounds in northern CA have no power. For me it's the cheapest way to go. I like cheap and the places I visit are nice and well taken care of, so for me it suits my needs and wants.
As to that battery, its just under 21" in width, so I assume yours are not stored on the tongue as mine is. It's also a 124LBs; which is pretty heavy for the front of my camper. The front is already nose heavy; sorry for the aviation term.
I'm looking at replacing mine with an AGM type, but will look at something that will fit.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #2
Padgett
TrailManor Master

At Sam's a 220AH AGM GC2 is $180 and weighs 70 lbs. At Christmas they are usually $25 off. A wet GC2 is usually $80 and I have two of those. At 7 1/4" wide, two exactly fit the width of a rear compartment of a 2720SL.

My solar panels are on the rear compartment and shade the bed. If building another system would use three panels. Output is reduced in shade but can still be effective even at 30% (about 5A).

My highest load when generator isn't running is 12v-64A for three minutes to make coffee. Usually takes about 25 minutes for solar to restore.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
I'm not opposed to camping with or without power and hook ups, but most public campgrounds in northern CA have no power. For me it's the cheapest way to go. I like cheap and the places I visit are nice and well taken care of, so for me it suits my needs and wants.
As to that battery, its just under 21" in width, so I assume yours are not stored on the tongue as mine is. It's also a 124LBs; which is pretty heavy for the front of my camper. The front is already nose heavy; sorry for the aviation term.
I'm looking at replacing mine with an AGM type, but will look at something that will fit.
Hello,

My batteries are in front of the forward fixed wall that the forward shell closes down over. My model and year TM came with a steel battery case which hangs down below and just forward of the bottom edge of this wall. The top of the batteries are just below the bottom edge of this wall. This case is just behind the two propane bottles mounted just behind the nose jack. Yes the
tongue weight is increased quite a bit but the WDH takes care of this additional weight and I notice no towing problems.

PS: Please look at my edited post as I originally made the mistake of saying how often I would like to dry camp in place of what I really am able to find for dry camping. The edit corrects this mistake. Sorry for misleading anyone.

Happy camping!

TM - 2008 2720, 15" Wheels, Two 4D Lifeline AGM Batteries, Linklite Battery Monitor, Self Adjusting Brakes.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote