TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
TravlinOn

Default Repair AC: airco by RV Products, Series9000

Our TM’s air conditioner works great with the exception that recently the internal thermostat control no longer seems to control the ac’s cold air cycle – that is, the trailer gets colder without stop.

Has anyone here replaced that thermostat (there are two knobs at the front of the ac, one for selecting fan, heat, cool, and one for thermostat control)?
I had a hard time finding a replacement part for the “Series 9000” thermostat – the TM site shows no parts listing (is Eddie still there?).

In any case, I did find a replacement part at:
http://www.rvplus.com
The price was reasonable and came as ordered (but took a week to process).

Now, I plan to lower the interior ac face (as if to access the filter), undo the bolts that hold a grid below the wiring, and replace the thermostat.

Big question: I have a battery disconnect switch which I will leave “off”, and I will not be connected to shore power – do I need to worry about capacitor discharge?

Any hints or suggestions are welcome.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
ferdoh

Thumbs up

You shouldn't even be near the circuit that the cap is, so have at it! Even so, if the air hasn't been on for more than a couple of days, the cap should be discharged anyway. If in dought, discharge the cap with an insulated screwdriver. Just be careful!
ferdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Please remember that the TM factory does not carry parts for appliances, including the air conditioner. They simply buy the appliance and install it. Parts would come from the appliance manufacturer, or one of the manufacturer's service centers - or online, as you found.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
TravlinOn

Thanks Doug and Bill for the help. As soon as our daily rains give us a break, I plan to open up and make the repair (hopefully). Will post success when it occurs.