TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
Queeniereads

Default Canton Ohio

We are driving from RI to Dayton, Ohio this summer and would like to know if anyone has stayed in the KOA in Canton, Ohio. We also just found out that the campground in Waynesville, Ohio is under new owners and very eager to have business grow again. THanks for info, in advance! Judi
Old 05-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #2
Firefly

Smile Camping Close to Dayton

Hi Judi,

I dont know if you guys are still making the trip to Dayton this summer but I can try to help you find a nice camping spot since we live close by.

We've never stayed at the KOA in Canton but we did visit the Canton area last summer. We stayed at the Country Acres Campground in Ravenna, OH which is up towards Akron. This campground has a very nice web site but we were less than impressed with the campground itself. The kids had a nice time though so I guess that's all matters. We wouldn't go there again though.

I would though highly recommend the Harry London Chocolates factory tour in Canton. Very interesting as well as delicious!

As for the campground in Waynesville, I just drove by there last week on the way to my son's field trip to the nearby Spring Valley Wildlife Preserve. I'm not sure what you're looking for in a campground but this one is small and shaded. Nothing fancy. We haven't stayed there though and probably wouldn't because it's too close to home. I met the new owners last year and they were very nice and also excited about changing some things. The city of Waynesville is very close by and that's a great town! Tons of antique stores and neat restaurants!

If I can answer any more questions..please let me know!