TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
Mountain Trippers

Default RV Park in Little Rock AR

Does anybody know of a easy in/out RV Park around Little Rock AK. Something close to I-40 would be nice. Just need a overnight.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
2manypets
Site Sponsor

I live in Conway which is about 35 from LR on I-40 west. But to best honest with you I really haven't paid much attention to the commercial campgrounds in the area. When we camp locally we use the state parks or the COE parks. But they're a little off the beaten path and that doesn't sound like what you are looking for. Checking Woodalls I see a couple of possibilities. There is a KOA in North Little Rock. Pricey, but reliable and convenient to the interstate. And there is an independent called Trails End RV Park that's close to the interstate and more reasonable.

Tell you what. I've got to go to LR on Thursday on business. This will give me an excuse to swing through them. I'll let you know what I think.

Bob
2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:26 AM   #3
2manypets
Site Sponsor

Default What I found out

I drove through 4 RV parks on the north side of Little Rock yesterday. Here's my report:

Crystal Hill RV Park -- Kind of trashy. Looks like a park for long term campers. Every slot was filled. I wouldn't bother with this one.

North Little Rock KOA -- Not a bad park. Lots of gravel pull throughs. Some sites are more level than others but any of them would be manageable. The campground looks neat and well kept. Lots of nice trees. It convenient to I-40 but there is a lot of construction on the interstate in this area. Getting back on can be a challenge if the traffic is heavy. And it's an expensive place to stay. Some traffic noise from I-40.

Burns Park -- This is a large city run park. It offers a wide variety of recreational activities to the people of North Little Rock and includes an RV park. Of all the parks I looked at this one is my favorite. Roomy sites and lots of trees. A quiet setting. The downside if that you have water and electric only at the sites. There is a dump station that requires a $5 fee. All the site are paved back-ins. And like the KOA, the on and off ramps are a pain at this exit too.

Trails End RV Park -- This is a small campground at the first exit west of LR. It convenient to the interstate and you don't have to worry about the construction. Easy on and off. Sites are pull through and level. Half are paved and half are gravel. Rates are reasonable. There is an area at the back of the campground for long term campers and mobile homes. Frankly this park could us a little TLC. I think it would be an OK place to overnight though. I didn't go in the bathrooms. That might be interesting! They looked a little rustic from the outside. You do hear the interstate.

Hope this helps. If you would like a little more detail on any of these let me know.

Bob
Old 01-22-2005, 08:18 AM   #4
Mountain Trippers

Thumbs up RV Little Rock

Hi Bob,

Thank you so much for the information on the campsites. We really appreciate it.
It is so great to have fellow campers to help the new ones enjoy their experiences with camping.

Thanks again,
Old 01-24-2005, 07:08 AM   #5
2manypets
Site Sponsor

You're welcome. Enjoy your trip and let us know how it goes.

Bob