TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Campin'People

Default Gamble Rogers State Park (Flagler Beach, FL)

We spent 2 nights last month (October 2012) at Gamble Rogers State Park (Flagler Beach, FL). This Florida State Park has been voted AMERICA's Best State Park two separate years!! It is spectacular!! I don't know of another State Park where you can stay on the dunes! The sunrise over the ocean is breathtaking!

I am a Florida native who hates the beach (yes, we do exist). But, this park has made a believer out of me! Our children enjoyed playing on the beach most of the days, but when we felt like "hoofing it," we "wore" our babies and took a fantastic family hike on the Joe Kenner Trail---this is a coastal hammock trail (about 1/2 long) that is well marked with interpretive signs/explanations of vegetation, etcetera.

I hesitate to tell you how great this park is...primarily because there are only 34 sites and they are ALL booked every day of every year!! (We happened to be checking the park out online and saw that two days in a row were available at the last minute, albeit--in the middle of the week. Boy, was it worth it to upend all of our "regular" plans and "rough it" for a few days of postcard worthy camping!!!)

So, Gamble Rogers State Park is HIGHLY recommended!! (Although, my husband will not be happy for the competition for a campsite! )
TV: 2009 Chevy Express 3500 6LV8 (12 passenger)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Campin'People is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Tampajohn

Gamble Rogers is our favorite and has been for some time. You can walk down the beach and take your dogs with you. One of the few that allows dogs on the beach. We try to get there as much as possible. Only one we like more is the SKYWAY Bridge in St. pete. We go over a lot and there are no hookups. We camp under the do not camp signs and no one says a word. Just dont cause any problems. We are planning our maiden voyage with out TM Saturday night at the Skyway. Hope someone else can join us. No one is ever there, Like I said, no hookups, but we take our generator. John