TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
thisoldtrailmanor

Wink Ahhh need dimensions of a old TM refrigerator!

We want to replace our refrigerator in our old TM. We think its a 1978. We need to find out what the dimensions are so we can replace it. The reason we don't know is because our camper sits in our campground and we are far away from it. If anyone has a idea what the size is that would be awesome if you could tell me. Ours is a 28 footer.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm not sure what to do with your request. Any of us could give you the dimensions of our refrigerators today, but I'm not sure that the dimensions are the same now as they were then. Is it your expectation that you will buy a "today" refrig and it will slip into the opening of your trailer without modification? I'm not sure you can expect this.

For what it is worth, my refrig is a Norcold N300.3R, and the installaton manual says "Make sure the enclosure is 29.75-29.88 inches high by 29.50-20.63 inches wide by 21.38 inches deep."

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
thisoldtrailmanor

We would like to update it with a modern fridge. Do you have any suggestions? It sounds like this is not going to be a easy feat. My husband also wanted a bigger fridge he said he was going to modify it and make the hole bigger. What do you think of this?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisoldtrailmanor View Post
We would like to update it with a modern fridge. Do you have any suggestions? It sounds like this is not going to be a easy feat. My husband also wanted a bigger fridge he said he was going to modify it and make the hole bigger. What do you think of this?
Define bigger.

You probably can not be taller, or the shell will not close.

You can perhaps go deeper or wider, depending on what is adjacent to the fridge.

There are some energy efficient 12 volt refrigerators that can be used to supplement the propane fridge, but they are pricey.

We keep beverages in the coolers on ice and only use the fridge for food items. With 5 adults, the TM fridge by itself is not enough. Even for jsut the two of us, the TM fridge is too long to last a full week.

We sometimes use a portable 12 volt Coleman cooler to supplement, but only when we have shore power available. We mainly use it while towing down the road.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:21 AM   #5
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisoldtrailmanor View Post
We want to replace our refrigerator in our old TM. We think its a 1978. Ours is a 28 footer.
It would be neat to find out exactly what year your Trailmanor is. The 10th digit of the VIN would indicate that, but only if it is an early 80s or later. Trailmanor did not start production until 1983, but there were several prototypes made from 1973 to 1983, so maybe you have 1 of these models??