TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
kn1ghtus

Default ideally picking up a 2006 2720 SL on Saturday but NOOB

okay so I have found a good deal (trying to talk him down to 9,000, and pictures look like it's in great order) on a TM in idaho that he is going to drag down here on Saturday for me to look at/buy. I've been poking around and have found a few good ideas of WHAT to check on, but I have a few questions and maybe if people can just point me in the right direction?

1. I want to get a swaybar/electric braking system installed by then. Should I attempt to do this myself? How hard is it? I have a 2007 dodge durango. Should I get a class 4 hitch then as it will tow it says 7400?

2. in my lurking days I saw a forum that talked about what to look for.

3. Having never TOWED anything before (not even how to hook it up!) should I be scare?

4. Should I try to get someone else to pick it up for me and give me some pointers on towing before I attempt to do this without help?

5. is there a forum entry or website you can recommend for towing 101? I mean I've read quite a bit but like even how to hook up, best way to make sure things are setup correctly. Etc...

Cheers, I hope to join the "family" soon!