TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
MackAttack

Question New owner: what is needed for first trip?

We purchased a used 2004 2619 and we are wanting to go camping during spring break close to home but what are the important items that is needed for the first trip? I have purchased sheets, blankets, pillows, silverware, plates, glasses, a hvy duty extension cord. What else may I missing? I know I'm missing alot more.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

How about a Sewer hose and a white hose for fresh water? You will also need some chemical for your toilet and I really like to use Potty Toddy tablet along with the chemical.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
photoadjuster

Default Top of the list

Toilet Paper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
MudDog
TrailManor Master

We got our TM last October and started picking up several (mostly convenience rather than necessity) items over the course of the first few trips.

Off the top of my head:

A lighter for lighting the oven/campfires. Firewood, and S'More supplies if you're going to have campfires

Grill for the campground fire pit, charcoal for CG BBQ and/or your own small BBQ.

Tablecloth for the campground tables

Small kitchen trash bags (we also have a foldable fabric trash can from Wal-Mart)

Can/bottle opener

Gridle/saucepan

If the TM has a vinyl floor, a broom (Wal-Mart sells an RV broom/dustpan that folds down to a compact size that will fit in the storage slot on the door.)

We also like to take an extendable squeegee/brush to clean/dry the roof of the rear shell before bringing down the front shell when we take it down.

Flashlight with spare batteries.

Some spare fuses for the Trailmanor.

Leveling blocks in case you end up in a site that is not level.

A small torpedo level if the previous owner didn't attach levels to the frame.

If you're taking a TV and using the campground cable, a couple of lengths of coax cable (1 short for inside, one longer for outside).

A door mat and/or larger outdoor mat.

Outdoor folding chairs.

A Laundry bag for the dirty clothes.

If you'll have AC power and it will be cool at night, a small electric heater. It's much quieter than the built-in furnance and you'll save on the propane (top off the propane tanks before you go).

For comfort we got memory foam mattress toppers from Wal-Mart for the beds and we use sleeping bags rather than bed-sheets - I sleep better in the TM than I do at home

RV or other toilet paper that breaks down fast.

Make sure you have or get a pressure regulator for the fresh water hose and a sealed fitting for the campground end of the sewer hose. You may also want to get an RV water filter.

As mentioned, there's really only a few essential items...the most important is a sense of adventure and a camera to document your experience. Have fun!
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
PopBeavers

If your first trip is somewhere with full hookups, then you won't need a generator to recharge the batteries.

If you are near a store, you will be able to buy what you forgot, like ant spray, though this time of year that may not be an issue.

Make sure you understand, or have the manuals for the operation of:

-fresh water system. Use a white hose specially designed for drinking water, not just any old garden hose.

- dumping the holding tank.

- furnace

- stove

- oven

- water heater

-the hidden little black knob that is a secondary switch for the front reading lights, depending on model and year.

-leveling blocks (leggo) or planks to go under the trailer wheels.

-understand how to level side to side first using blanks or leggo blocks, then level front to rear using the front tongue jack, then set the corner jacks to minimize rocking

-wheel chocks, so it doesn't roll away after disconnecting.

Make sure you have enough propane. One tank is more than enough for a weekend, even if you use the furnace.

a 1500 watt ceramic hater is handy if you have full hookups that do not charge for electric power separately.

battery for the smoke detector, because it is not wired to the 12 volt power system, at least not on mine. My propane detector and carbon monoxide detector are wired to the 12 volt system, so they do not need a separate battery.

If you take a laptop and have internet access, there are quite a few of us that hang out around here a lot, so you could post questions and probably get an answer in a few hours.

There are some good check lists around here that may be helpful.

I enjoy a glass a brandy at bedtime. My wife likes Baileys.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
Dixielou

Before you start out each day be sure to check your tire pressure. Also, inspect your tires and the valve stems.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
jrai57

Welcome Tim, Tina, and Thomas!! Check out Ed Felker's list on page 2-Information You Won't Find Anywhere Else-

Also, if you have small children, a small plug-in night light may come in handy for dark campgrounds.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Scroll through TM Info You Won't Find anywhere Else. Ed Felker's checklist is the grand-daddy of them all, and I highly recommend it. Beyond that, you will get more detail from Mike and Kelly's manual, also in "TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else". Mike and Kelly's manual is based on Ed Felker's list.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #9
MackAttack

Thanks for everybody's help! The checklist from Ed is excellent because it also gives you a check list on closing the TM which it was a comedy show the first time my husband and I closed it. Again, THANKS!
Old 02-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #10
Wavery
TrailManor Master

A dog......