TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
juneau10

Default battery gauge

i am a new owner of a 2004 2720 sl and would like to know what the letters on the battery guage on the the front of the sink stand for. i figures the l meant low and the c meant charged but what do the f and g mean? i haven't gotten a chance to go camping yet but just love my tm already.
thanks
Old 10-06-2006, 03:46 AM   #2
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Fair Good

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

This may be picking nits, but the "C" light really means "charging", not "charged".

If you connect your TM to shore power, the charger in the converter sets the system voltage. As it charges the battery, the system voltage is high enough that the "C" light comes on. When the battery is fully charged, the converter still sets the system voltage, and the "C" light will stay on.

If you now disconnect shore power, the reading will drop down to "G" very soon, even though you haven't taken any charge out of the battery.

To answer the inevitable question. When the battery is fully charged, a good charger will decrease its output voltage a bit, so as not to overcharge the battery. However, it still sets the system voltage high enough that the "C" light will be on.

This is normal, if not exactly helpful. However, it is good to know that if you pull into a campground without hookups, and notice that the "C" light is not lit, it doesn't mean your battery is 25% discharged (or whatever).

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote