TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 06:50 AM   #11
ng2951

I think the problems related to the Elkmont series have little to do with the older folding line of trailers. The Elkmonts are new and not really debugged that well...
Old 06-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
cochise

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffToDaRaces View Post
I recently read the posting concerning the bed collapse and quality issues on the Elkmont model TM. I have a 2008 2720 TM. I am not a lightweight, and neither is a camping friend of mine.

Is there any information available about weight limits in the beds? Especially the rear, queen sized bed that could easily allow two people to sleep comfortably.

Although it is not an issued with my TM, I was wondering what was the cause of the bed failure in the Elkmont?

I have gone over my 2720 pretty closely. I have made some changes, ie, upgrade to LED taillights, rear vision camera, added recepticle to dinette area and secured some panelling with a more substantial design. So far I have been satisfied.

This forum provides a lot of good information, some not so good. But keep up the good work and interest in TM camping.

I don't know of any weight limits on the beds. Our bed collapsed because of PPD (p.. poor design) and too heavy lift rods. The bed was only attached to very flimsy plywood, about 1/16" to 1/8" thick on the front wall. There wasn't even a full frame holding it up. Once it was reported to TM I was notified that they had a repair kit for that. That to me indicates that it had been discovered that there was a problem in that area. So again I think they have changed the design entirely. Besides a 2720 is constructed completely different so I don't think you have to worry about it.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
OffToDaRaces

Default The new TrailManor company.

I thank you for the responses. My concern was pertaining to the weight limits on the beds of the 2720 design. I realize that the Elkmont is a completely different issue, in structure and design. I was curious about what happened to the Elkmont, thats all.

I am a retired cop, I have always kinda wanted to know not just "that" something happened, but "why" it happened.