TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
shebantam

Default new to me Trailmanor 2720

Hello, my name is Paula and I am addicted to trailers, as you can see from the picture. There is also a popup you cannot see.

I bought Volvofans 2720 earlier this week and have been working hard on making it mine. Changing the curtains to something more with the more victorianish color scheme of the benches, brought in pots and pans from the Bantam and will work more on it tomorrow. I have a set of drawers, a large single drawer and a low tote of "stuff" I need to find a place for. Oh My.

What is so different about this picture is that we got in after dark and I NEVER back after dark, in this case did not have much choice, the NYC suburban traffic had us in after dark. There is a hedge on the other side of the trailer and I did not want to hit the Cabin A.

I am cleaning out the Bantam behind the Trailmanor and am going to sell it, it needs a lot of work and is like pulling a wall when it comes to wind resistance...the TM has a lot less storage and I have thrown away lots of "stuff".

I will post pictures when I get done with the redecorating, I am sure you all have seen the pictures that Volvofan had posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailmanor after backing at night.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	12120  
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
1999 Sunnybrook 26FK with WDH with sway
all pulled by a 1999 F150
shebantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Glad to see you made it here, may be a speed record for a new member gaining access. Backing isn't bad if you have a spotter but I make do with a low-light camera.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:23 AM   #3
shebantam

The Tm backs about like the Cabin A, when I back that one in there is nothing in the drive. Once the Bantam is gone, then it becomes a pull thru. Our drive is double in the front and a single just past where the Tm is. It goes behind the house to the other street. Blessed with a corner lot.
there is a PayPal pay for sponsorship, makes things a lot quicker
Raymond wanted me to back it in the back single drive, he does not back, but there is hedges and a fence and not as much room to adjust, told him it was the front drive or he could back it in...
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 08-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
shebantam

Ok I am done on the inside.
If I did this right, there should be pictures attached, if not, well I will try again.

Question, I have a featherbed (microfiber) under the sheets on the bed. Will the front and back close OK? There is also a 2" memory foam on the back and the front has a 1.5 " memory foam. I have bad back and have an air mattress in the popup, and a memory Foam in the Cabin A. Need soft...very soft.

There is a tote for my rooster stuff, hoses are in the bathtub, dish pans in the sink.

Bantam is now cleaned out, moved towards the street, floors cleaned and is airing out. once it is all clean, I will take pictures of that and put it on Craigs list.

Raymond is now having second thoughts about selling it...I cannot keep 4 trailers in my drive, 2 have to go.

Name:	TM1.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	12144

Name:	TM2.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	12145

Name:	tm3.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	12146

Name:	tm4.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	12147

Name:	tm5.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	12148

Name:	tm6.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	12149
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 08-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #5
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Don't think it will close, usually memory foam has to be removed, the featherbed is how thick? Probably also will not allow shell to close.

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:04 PM   #6
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Shebantam, well done. You have been a very busy woman.
As to the beds and extra stuff on top of the mattresses. On the back bed, I don't think you'll get it closed easily if at all. There is about an 2-3" in the center with the original 4" mattress, but since the roof line tapers down towards the outer edges, it will make closing the back very difficult. I too have a bad back and replaced the 4" mattress with a 5" thick futon foam mattress. As you can see from the picture, my back shell was closed and locked down when the picture was taken. My front bed, I leave a large thick sleeping bag on the bed. I can close it with out any issues.
I stow the sleeping bag on the front floor with a few other light weight items.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0415.JPG
Views:	444
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	12150  
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #7
shebantam

Thank you for the info and picture. I know the previous owner had a 2" memory foam, no featherbed. he was good but he did say the back sometimes did not want to snap down...maybe that was why, may have to rethink that featherbed.
But then too, it takes 2 to put the shells up, so maybe something is a little off kilter there. But that featherbed may be an issue.

Scrubbed the bantam down on the inside and even did the windows, and used some mold armor on the outside, did that last time I washed the siding on the house and the Bantam looked maaaavalous. Not so good tonight, I think the Mold Armor was old and just did not clean. But I did loosen up the dirt on the outside.
In the Bantam I took "bed roll" to an all new level, I would roll up the heated mattress pad, sheets, feather bed and 3" memory foam, use bungees to hold it together and then roll it onto the ushaped lounge and table...getting it back up there next time I camped what a trip, I would put all that stuff on before I snapped down the canvas, from the outside. Bed are so much easier to make on bunk ends when you can do the outter end from the outside.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3