TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > For Sale Section > Links to For Sale sites
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
I see tent trailers seem to max out at about $23000. Travel trailers in the 35-40000 range look nice with slideouts, but are not easily storable. The Trailmanor is definitely unique. I know I'd much prefer a Trailmanor over a tent trailer. Would it be enough for me to shell out 40 grand for a new one? That's an easy answer. I don't have 40 grand! (So I got a used one).

A 40 grand travel trailer will require a significantly bigger tow vehicle pushing your total cost up quite a bit higher. With the lighter Trailmanor, you do potentially save in the tow vehicle.

I must say, when I was at the RV dealer picking up some supplies, I asked one of the sales people if he knew of the Trailmanor. His responses seemed a little insulting to me. He referred to it as a pop-up. It is so different from even the most expensive pop-ups that I wouldn't compare it to one.

Would I spend 40 grand on a new one? If I had the money? If I had limited storage space I probably would.
Yes a big savings for a TM or similar lightweight travel trailer would be to use your existing SUV/Truck as tow vehicle.

Many RV dealers really don't understand TM's; in fact, I would be more surprised if they knew it at all! And since there haven't really been any new ones since 2014, it's tough for regular RV buyers to know them either.

I do know that almost every time we went camping, either putting it up or breaking down our TM attracted attention and questions.

We are considering putting our TM on the market because we haven't used it as much as we thought, but when we check out other lightweight trailer options we come back empty handed: there is no combination (right now) like the TM at ANY price.

2004 TrailManor 3023 - Sold 5/2018
2005 Lexus GX470
Old 04-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Site Sponsor

The ad says that Auto RV America is Colorado's only TM dealer. They appear to have several new units in stock.

It's great to see a replacement in the SW for The Car Show (formerly in Colo. Springs).

https://www.autorvamerica.com/home

Last edited by Sterman; 04-01-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:45 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Interesting colors....like some and not others

Good:
1. They went back to wood look panel on bathroom (but color doesnít match other wood). I hated the painted wallpaper look of newer models - it looked cheap.

2. Lower sink has benefits. Donít like the idea of a folding faucet, so lower sink allows regular faucet. Can leave items in sink when folding down without crushing upon closing.

3. I like the cabinet colors but they donít match the bathroom walls - hallway side.

Bad:

4. Donít like the dark colors of the dinette and bed. Bed wonít matter since it will have covers on it.

5. Donít like dark colors of the counters and dinette table. Kind of gloomy.

6. Not a fan of all the black trim.

7. Wood of cabinets donít match bathroom wall color.

8. Donít like black awning.

9. Flooring is ehhh. Take it or leave it. Kind of gray. Wonder if they have a wood look option.

10. Light colored curtains will show dirt right away and let too much light through. Look at the pictures.... can almost see through them. They need them light to offset the dark counters and dinette

Thrilled they are making them again. Would love to see a new one in person. Maybe next years rv show.

Sara & Bailey
(a very spoiled, but wonderful Goldendoodle)
New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
Old 04-03-2018, 05:56 AM
Site Sponsor

Price has dropped to $38k! Now THATS a bargain!

I noticed the center roof trim is centered now. I seem to recall the last one we saw pictures of had the trim off center and looked weird.
Custom removable tongue
Old 04-03-2018, 07:16 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Building the TM again

I am also glad to see some TM's coming off the line again. Sweet!

As to colors and changes, I am not sure how much has changed from these indoor digitals taken at and by the dealer. We tow an '07, and I think the colors are about the same. We have a dark cover on our bed, and considering the photography again, there might not be that much difference. Curtains might be a shade lighter; ours are minimally lined so that they provide some visual privacy benefit. Our are not for darkening the cabin.

Main thing is they put a few out, and they found someone to sell them. Two big steps to putting our favorite brand back in play. It would be helpful if a current owner / user could get by Colorado Springs and give these early units a true visual check. We are there in mid April; maybe we will have time to get by the lot.
2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L 6 speed auto
+P3 brake controller
Old 04-03-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwhouston View Post
I am also glad to see some TM's coming off the line again. Sweet!

Main thing is they put a few out, and they found someone to sell them. Two big steps to putting our favorite brand back in play. It would be helpful if a current owner / user could get by Colorado Springs and give these early units a true visual check. We are there in mid April; maybe we will have time to get by the lot.
Yes very good news and hopefully someone has time to go and take "in person" photos and post them; it appears they have 4 new TM's priced 38k-44k:

https://www.autorvamerica.com/rvs

2004 TrailManor 3023 - Sold 5/2018
2005 Lexus GX470
Old 04-03-2018, 11:38 AM

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwhouston View Post
It would be helpful if a current owner / user could get by Colorado Springs and give these early units a true visual check. We are there in mid April; maybe we will have time to get by the lot.
It appears that the new dealer is not in Colorado springs, but in Englewood, only 8 or 10 miles south of central Denver. This is probably a handier location than the Springs.

Bill
Old 04-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Site Sponsor

Glad to see that the factory is up and running. But I was thinking, as I read through this whole post, then went to the web to see the photos, I agree with all the comments here. Colors need to match at the very least. The bathroom looks awful. The outside decals appear to look like a black & white photo was taken.

If the company first asked for volunteers from their owner base if they wanted to participate in a sizable questionnaire about colors and features, they would have received lots of free help in their marketing and products. Some companies pay tens of thousands of dollars to get information like this and they would have received it for free from people who actually own these things.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:34 PM

Looks like the dealer switched the over the sink cabinet with the over the stove cabinet. Cosmetic only. But looks strange with the smaller cabinet over the sink.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
Old 04-04-2018, 10:42 AM
Site Sponsor

Seems like prices went up a bit. I remember when we were first looking to get a TM we ordered a new one 2015 2720QB with most of the same options and the total was around $32,000. Of course we ended up cancelling our order and buying used after hearing about all the issues they were having in Nebraska. Hopefully the quality of these new ones is better!