TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
Bill & Lisa

Default RV - The Movie

DW and I went to see the new movie "RV" with Robin Williams this evening. While a very funny and enjoyable movie we were most excited with the scenery shots, especially in Colorado! 7 Weeks and counting til we head from the east coast to Colorado for the Jubilee and we can't wait to view the scenery first hand.
Bill
Old 04-29-2006, 09:42 AM   #2
cmc211

Hey Bill, I'm going to see it this weekend. Wish i was going to the Jubilee also. My PCS transfer timing just doesn't work out. We are planning on Heading to upstate New york and Maine then down to Virginia to get settled.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
Freedom

The last movie of Robin Williams' I think had any merit at all was "Good Morning Vietnam" and that was questionable at best. His foul mouth just doesn't work for me. I can't think of any reason for changing my mind about him!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #4
Bill & Lisa

We are normally very sensitive to foul language and I don't recall any being used in the movie. (Don't go see 40 year old virgin!). People actually clapped aloud in the theater at the end of the show and it wasn't because it was finally over. There are some references to the stuff in the holding tank not being created by them but by someone else and your response is Yeaww! gross but that is about as bad as it gets. The trailers give a pretty good "tone" for the movie. There is an underlying message that sneaks up on the audience about pre judging people, the importance of family and the lack of importance of a job, so there is some morally redeeming value to it. DW and I laughed aloud repeatedly through the movie but that's us. I find that I often like films that the critics hate and hate the ones they love so I am probably wierd but I enjoyed the show.

Regarding good morning vietnam being the last that williams was in that was any good, I enjoyed "JACK" and especially "What dreams my come" although that was a very deep movie that requires some thought and analysis afterwards to totally appreciate. IMHO.

Bill
Old 05-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #5
cmc211

I thought the most profane thing in the movie was their nick name of the RV "The Rolling T_RD" I thought it was good. Not great but good.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
robertsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Lisa
We are normally very sensitive to foul language and I don't recall any being used in the movie. (Don't go see 40 year old virgin!). People actually clapped aloud in the theater at the end of the show and it wasn't because it was finally over. There are some references to the stuff in the holding tank not being created by them but by someone else and your response is Yeaww! gross but that is about as bad as it gets. The trailers give a pretty good "tone" for the movie. There is an underlying message that sneaks up on the audience about pre judging people, the importance of family and the lack of importance of a job, so there is some morally redeeming value to it. DW and I laughed aloud repeatedly through the movie but that's us. I find that I often like films that the critics hate and hate the ones they love so I am probably wierd but I enjoyed the show.

Regarding good morning vietnam being the last that williams was in that was any good, I enjoyed "JACK" and especially "What dreams my come" although that was a very deep movie that requires some thought and analysis afterwards to totally appreciate. IMHO.

Bill
Bill and Lisa.. Glad you enjoyed the movie. Enjoy the Jubilee and the Colorado Rockies. A bit higher than the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western Virginia but equally as beautiful. Of course it all depends on what you want to see.

BobC...a future TM'er...
Old 05-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #7
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
The last movie of Robin Williams' I think had any merit at all was "Good Morning Vietnam" and that was questionable at best. His foul mouth just doesn't work for me. I can't think of any reason for changing my mind about him!
Wow,

I really enjoyed: Patch Adams, What Dreams May Come, Good Will Hunting (one of his best ever), Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire, Toys, Hook (his best ever), Dead Poets Society (second best ever), all came after Good Morning Vietnam.

I don't recall any foul words from Robin Williams. Now Richard Pryor, Red Foxx or Lenny Bruce would be completely different.

Having made yet another mistake this weekend. After closing the TM I decided to drain the fresh water. Really should have turned off the water pump switch first. It took me awhile to figure out why it was coming out so fast.

I'll go see the movie just to learn some things not to do.