TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #21
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Your right....good thing I also ordered some fabric.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #22
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
They say the A.C. is fixed!
countrygirl, did they say what they did to fix your AC ??? Ours is leaking also during heavy rains. I have already recaulked the around the bottom of the unit, and have tightened the gasket.

Chap
Old 02-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #23
dlajoie
Site Sponsor

Our 2004 2720SL had a leak around the roof AC. We brought it to a dealer in NH and it was repaired at no cost under warranty. The dealer said the factory had not tightened and compressed the gasket between the AC and the roof sufficiently. He said the gasket was not defective but replaced it anyway. Perhaps your gasket is in fact defective or the leak is coming from some other orifice?
dlajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #24
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Sorry...I had not been back to this thread till today. It was the gasket...it had not been compressed....but they gave us a new gasket and attached it and compressed it and have had no problems since. We have camped it heavy rain with not more problems.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #25
mtnguy

dlajoie, my gasket was way loose, so I tightened it down. I thought that would fix it. The last time it rained heavy and leaked, I again pulled the inside covers off to see where it was coming in, but I didn't catch it soon enough after the rain to find out. I have been waiting for another heavy rain so I can check it while it is raining. Either that, or wait until it warms up some and get up on the roof with a water hose......I would have an ice skating rink up there now if I did it.

If it is the gasket, I might try to pull it down just a little tighter. Worst case scenerio, is that I would have to replace the gasket anyway.

Chap
Old 02-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #26
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Coleman supplied an A/C gasket made from open cell foam during the 2002-2003 time frame. It should have been made from closed cell foam. Coleman had a factory notice out for the fix i.e. free gasket, you pay the install. I don't know if this offer is still valid.

My A/C gasket was replaced by the TM dealer under the 1 year warranty service.
Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #27
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaupp View Post
Coleman supplied an A/C gasket made from open cell foam during the 2002-2003 time frame. It should have been made from closed cell foam. Coleman had a factory notice out for the fix i.e. free gasket, you pay the install. I don't know if this offer is still valid.

My A/C gasket was replaced by the TM dealer under the 1 year warranty service.
Mike

Mike, many thanks for the heads-up on that. If it does in fact prove to be the gasket, I will contact Coleman for the gasket.

Chap
Old 03-05-2008, 07:18 AM   #28
mtnguy

Well, I don't think my AC is leaking around the main gasket, but instead the water is getting in under the upper ductwork.......between the drip pan and the ductwork. All of the drip pan holes are open. I tried caulking around this area as much as possible, but it still leaked inside the TM during heavy rains last nite. Any suggestions??

Chap
Old 03-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #29
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

This is a shot in the dark, but on our popup with roof a/c, the bolts that held the "inner unit" and the "outer unit" (sorry if this is not the right nomenclature) together got loose, which resulted in the unit leaking in the rain.

You mention that you "tightened the gasket", so you may have already tried this. But just in case, on this Coleman unit, I removed the control knobs and decorative cover from the "inner unit" and there were four (I think) bolts that held the units together. Tightening these up stopped the leak for us.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #30
larsdennert

I usually track down leaks with a garden hose placed in different areas. I had two on my TV lately. One from a cracked sunroof frame and another from a leaky firewall grommet because I've shoved too many auxiliary wires through it.