TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-18-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
HEC4260

Default Tv factory installed entertainment system

I HAVE A 2008TRAILMANOR 3124 WITH FACTORY INSTALLED TV MONITOR AND BUILTIN DVD/RADIO/CD PLAYER THE MANUEL DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING ON WHAT WIRE OR CABLE WIRE I CAN USE TO PUT A CABLE/SATELLITE BOX CONVERTER SO I CAN WATCH MORE CHANNELS ON MONITOR CAN ANYONE HELP?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
gocntry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEC4260 View Post
I HAVE A 2008TRAILMANOR 3124 WITH FACTORY INSTALLED TV MONITOR AND BUILTIN DVD/RADIO/CD PLAYER THE MANUEL DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING ON WHAT WIRE OR CABLE WIRE I CAN USE TO PUT A CABLE/SATELLITE BOX CONVERTER SO I CAN WATCH MORE CHANNELS ON MONITOR CAN ANYONE HELP?
I Have A 2008 2720 With The Same Thing you Have (I think). The Radio/Dvd/Cd Also Pulls In Tv channels On Mine (well it did) Now That They Have Switched To Digital Braodcasting It Picks Up Nothing, Unless The Park Has A cable hook-up I Can Plug Into. They Do Make an Adapter For That Radio To Pick Up Digital Channels If I Can Find The Link I'll Post It for You.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

As Gocntry mentioned, you can buy a Digital TV converter that you connect directly between the antenna and the receiver (or TV, if you are using a non-digital TV). I use one with my batwing antenna and old flat panel TV. They work very well. Mine is a Zenith DTT-901, and I paid $40 for it - but there are many others for many prices.

You can find hundreds of them for sale on eBay, for prices ranging from $25 to - well, more.

As the name implies, they convert the new digital TV signals to old-fashioned analog TV signals, so you still need an analog TV or an analog TV receiver (I don't know what comes in the TM setup). If you shop carefully, you will find that some of them have a video output, so you can use them with a monitor instead of a TV.

This converter is not the same thing as a satellite TV box that comes with your Dish TV or DirecTV subscription. If you want satellite TV,you will need a satellite TV box.

Without more detail of what you have and what you would like to have, I can't say much more. You can post more here, or PM me with details, and we'll see where we can go.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
gocntry

Mine TM Has The Farenheit Dvd System, Here Is The Digital Adapter For The Farenheit Products

http://www.farenheitusa.com/dtv2u.html

I'm Guessing That Could Be Hidden Behind The Stereo On Top The Fridge And Put In Line With The Antenna Cable