TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-26-2003, 03:58 PM   #21
grayghost

Default Re:Really long page download times

i love this oxymoron: microsoft works
eileen

What Microsoft has done to the open programming languages is criminal. However, they own the the majority of the OS's out there and most users fall right into the trap of learning the Microsoft applications provided with their computer, not knowing that there are better and faster programs availiable.

Sorry 'bout the soap box, but a button was pushed.
MJL

Old 07-27-2003, 07:15 AM   #22
Chris
Site Team

What I would love to see is Apple port OS X over to Intel software. Then they would have some viability in the market instead of being a niche player.

Now as far as Microsoft being the great evil, I won't disagree. Since Intel got big, people hate us as well. ;D Most in the Open Source community like AMD because they represent the "little guy". Funny part is that our company just celebrated our 35th anniversary, and 3 of the 4 original employees - Andy Grove, Gordon Moore, and Les Vadez are still with the company. Les is retiring. Robert Noyce would still be with the company had he not passed away. Becoming evil doesn't happen overnight, it takes time and growth. We are better as a company because of AMD. They are better because of us. It's competition. It's healthy, and it is what has made the US what we are. Microsoft is better than they have been (W98, WME, W2K, WXP) because of Linux.

Now if we could get Apple to play...

Soapbox mode off.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 12:08 AM   #23
Ntech

To Bill and Carol

Thank you for the information on upgrading Netscape. Since this was the only site that I was having trouble with, I choose not to upgrade ( Why screw up the whole system for one small bug). Instead I found that IE was installed on my computer but not used, Now my desktop has an Icon for the Trailmanorowners site. I now use IE for this site only and Netscape for all others. Best of both worlds. Again thank you for the information. This is another reason to keep this board alive!
Old 07-28-2003, 01:21 PM   #24
Carol
Site Sponsor

Ntech,

You came up with a good solution! I did revisit the Netscape website and they now indicate that an upgrade from Netscape 6.0 and 7.02 to 7.1 will move mail, bookmarks, etc. I don't have a reason to upgrade at this point, so I'll leave it alone for now and not be the test subject on this.

I am sorry to hear that AOL layed off so many Netscape employees. It is a more user friendly browser, in my opinion.

I also don't worry about hack attacks as much since the hackers really seem to have focused on Microsoft.

Carol
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote