TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
Bluegrass

Default Campground Directory for Iphone

The 2010 Trailer Life RV Park & Campground Directory arrived today. We find the information in it to be useful, particularly when on the road and we decide to make a change in plans. But we just hate lugging a book as heavy as a medium size dog. Sure would be nice if they or someone else would create an app for the Iphone that contains this kind of info.

We do use rvparkreviews.com when we have an internet connection but we don't always have a connection!

I've searched the web for Iphone apps and found two. One is now out of business. The other, CT RVparks, from Continuoustraveler.com merely shows RV parks on a map. No qualitative information, just location.

I guess the hard copy directory publishers think they would lose their shirts if they went electronic.

Is there something out there that I'm missing?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:07 AM   #2
Nature Recorder

Did a little searching and came across a CD version they are offering. It appears to be coming out the end of January. Maybe this could be "installed" in an Iphone or carried with a small laptop.

http://www.trailerlifedirectory.com/...gory=Directory Products&subcategoryid=2
Old 12-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Larryp1941

Default IPhone Apps

There are more than 2 apps available but none that have any really great user reviews. I purchased CampWhere which is ok but it only gives public parks, no KOA etc. It also provides phone numbers and links to park web sites. I also have RV Companion which is pretty neat for checklists and campground notes. It also includes a 2-way level function which tells you which way to raise/lower the sides and front. Each app was $3.99.

Not sure how much use I'll make of CampWhere but I can see the RV Companion being used each time we camp.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
Larryp1941

Default CD Available

I see that WheelersGuides have a CD available that supposedly mimics their online site operation. Not sure of the cost but they seem to have most parks listed with a nice search function as well.