TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2003, 04:37 AM   #1
BobWilson
Site Sponsor

Default How to make a check list

In answer to a discussion about preventing new-bie mistakes, I thought I would start a new topic on how to make a check list.  This forum is full of ideas that you don't want to forget.  

I like to make my check list on the computer so I can edit it as new ideas and items come up.  Then I just print out the latest list before the trip.  I make different check lists for different purposes.  Food on one list and camping stuff on another and maybe a special one for astronomy trips.  I find that laminating them makes it impossible to make additions and changes to the sequence of tasks.  Using plain paper allows you to literally check off items as you do them.  I even make 2 places to check off for double checking.  One check to get things out or to prepare them and the second check mark when I actually packed it in the vehicle.  Some things may not apply to this trip and you can cross them off the list.

I'll never forget the day as a new private pilot I wanted to show off to my folks.  But when reading the check list I was so distracted by the passengers that I tried to take off with one wing still tied down.  Embarassing.  So good habits of doing one thing at a time and marking them off right after you do them is best for me.

Do you have some ideas?

Bob W.
BobWilson is offline   Reply With Quote