TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-17-2003, 01:31 PM   #1
efelker

Default Weights for Physicists

As several of you know, I've been reading and participating in this forum for several weeks.  It has truly taught me lots about TMs (even though I have not yet opened my wallet).  So don't take me wrong, nor think I'm ungrateful, but all the posts about tow weight capacities, trailer loading, and weighing are making my hair hurt.  

I'm a reasonably intelligent individual (confirmed by a recent poll of two -- my 4 year-old granddaughter and my daughter's deaf dog), but I didn't think I'd need a Cal Poly degree in physics to figure out if my 03 4-runner with tow package was "good enough" for a 2720, or how best do we load all our treasures.

I understand moments of inertia, centers of gravity, sympathetic oscillations and such -- but is there a clear and simple guide to how not to load the TM, how much "stuff" in the TV is too much, etc?  I'm awestruck over some of the science I've read in this forum -- just wish I hadn't spent so much of high school physics time watching Bernice Lecthliker's sweaters fill up.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:53 PM   #2
Happytrails

Default Re: Weights for Physicists

It should do just nicely, I have a tape from "way back when" when they first started out that shows a "chevy celebrity" towing a M25, (what I have, which is a 3023 with a full sized bed in back instead of a queen)......Just a simple thought........Yup, put out by TM, tho they do suggest something a "little larger" now....but it should be fine for a TM..............

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]
Old 06-17-2003, 02:12 PM   #3
efelker

Happy:

Thanks -- and was really sorry to hear about your recent "adventure."  I have a posting at the end of the accident trail.

I've seen TM owners post here with Odyessy's, S-10s, and even your "recently departed" Blazer, and just couldn't believe the 03 4-runner with tow package couldn't handle the job.

My tag says 12000 lb GCWR -- thought that was a misprint for a vehicle rated at 5000, but the Toyota is anything but a shortwheel base.

Bad enough I'll go into the wallet and part with over 20 big ones when I buy a new 2720.  Sure didn't want to repeat the operation for a new TV as well.  Yankee thrift!!!
Old 06-18-2003, 09:44 AM   #4
Happytrails

Lol, actually, if ya look closely at the dates on the posts, it happened June of last year. Since then, my insurance company covered it under "noninsured" insurance, and I got another blazer just like the one I had, (well, maybe a bit better.     ) Can't say I'm not happy!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]