TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2005, 05:22 PM   #41
mav1124

Default Screen

Thanks Dennyfor info on the screen. We will look both up.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #42
mav1124

Default Fiamma (awning maker)

Denny this is really interesting. In checking the "Fiamma (awning maker)" website, it's right in my home town. How cool and thanks again.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:30 PM   #43
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Maybe I wasn't.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1124
Denny this is really interesting. In checking the "Fiamma (awning maker)" website, it's right in my home town. How cool and thanks again.
.....clear, but Fiamma make the awning installed on TrailManors. Of course, as you now know, they also make top-drawer "screen enclosures" to accessorize their awning.

In your town? I've fired up my super-computer to compute the odds of such a convergence of coincidence on a particular planet in the Solar System. Should only take about 6-7 yrs to finish the calculations!

Denny_A
Old 10-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #44
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

Great set of posts!!
Looks like I'm the only one who has had any real issues with the TM.
1. Smushed and cut wires in the exterior wiring harness that shorted to the frame.
2. Water leak.
3. Wires (3) not connected in the back of the reefer. Mabe that's why the ice cream was soft after a 7 hour drive!!
4. Wires in the back of the reefer laying against the reefers "HOT Tube". Nasty, nasty burnt plastic smell.
I was fortunate to have a decent dealer who rectified the first 2 problems in a timely manner. I managed the other 2.
I should also point out that I've only owned the unit (2720) for a month. Have only been able to take 1 trip of 500 miles but enjoyed the unit completely.
I've towed many a trailer, mostly boats of all sizes (14-24'), but the Sierra hardly knows it's there. Truck is a 5.4L V8 4X4 with tow package and dead weight hitch.
Temp was 37 one night and the furnace worked great!!
Bed was quite comfortable.
No problem or nasty smells with the head which was used for, ummm, all occasions.
We went from a Jayco 1006 pop-up to this and can put this thing up in less than 1/2 the time. My wife is 5'2" 128# and can do the lift with no problem. We're both still shy of 60.
The dealer did some tweaking of the torsion bars and the unit halves to make the seals seat better and improved the setup ease tremendously.
Did anyone mention how quiet this thing is inside?? Hickory nuts falling on it are kinda loud but........
All in all, I'm very comfortable with the TM and look forward to using it some more. These problems may have an upside in that I've become pretty familiar with some of the major systems. This web site is a great resource for anyone who owns a TM or is looking at them to buy.
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #45
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I am 5 ft 2 and 1/2 and I opened and closed a 2720SL this weekend by myself.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:21 AM   #46
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Thanks for posting, Countrygirl. We've had quite a bit of discussion about this, but IIRC, no real reported experience. This should help a number of people who are concerned about the same thing.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #47
Queeniereads

We bought our TM after a horrific accident while towing a TT. We feel safe towing this camper and the gas milage is so much better. Now, about the beds...we sleep on a Comfort Select air bed at home and nothing else feels as good, so I always complain about the bed. We put an inch of memory foam on it and cover it with a pillow top mattress pad. It barely makes the allowance, and we do not want to stress the "clamps." I read in this thread about "spacers." Is there really such a thing to extend the "clamps" or is it on a wish list? I do not relish making up the bed each time, but if you do it with the bed slid out part way, it is manageable. We added white wash basins under all the counters (Walmart) and have found them okay. After our accidnet, safety comes first. We will put up with all of the minor inconveniences --- no matter how big or expensive teh rig, I have yet to find that nobody has any complaints. Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 09-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #48
Cowboy Cody

Default What's wrong with Trailmanor ?

Well, not too much to complain about, I guess I am still young enough to put up with some of the inconveniences:
i.e. having to remove the propane tanks to fill.
Crawling on the floor to find things in the low cabinet. (Need to install slide and tubs)
My biggest complaint would have to be the poorly designed table leg adjusters on the fold down tables on our 2720 SL. Maybe it just me, but I think they are cheap and somewhat unsafe. The clips have a tendency to misalign and become stuck. I worry about getting sliced while making adjustments. I found the easiest way to put them back together is to remove the leg from the table and reassemble and then re-screw back on to the tabletop. Anyone else had trouble with the leg adjustments on the fold down table s on the 2720SL?
Kind regards,
Cowboy Cody
Old 09-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #49
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Cody View Post
. . .Anyone else had trouble with the leg adjustments on the fold down table s on the 2720SL?
Kind regards,
Cowboy Cody
We have experienced a similar issue with one of the table legs. It was corrected without having to remove the leg. The cause seems to be related to collapsing the leg when stowing the table. If you push up too hard on the leg it will get stuck (probably travels just enough beyond the locking tab/button to bind). Usually a little gentle persuasion will get the tab to release the inner leg. However, sometimes the tab breaks free and then it is a real challenge to get things lined up. Then again we've only had few instances where the table leg adjustment has malfunctioned.
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #50
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

I haven't had that problem, but all the screws holding the leg(s) to the table pulled out quite a while ago and would not retighten (i.e. the leg feel off completely). I gorilla glued them in and have had no further issues.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote