TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #121
EcotypeS

Smile Still like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a635823 View Post
Do any of the original posters from 2005-2008 still love their TM's? It's been a good couple of years and I want to know your input! People after 2008 can reply too! Has anyone noticed quality changes, i.e. has it increased or decreased over the years? I really want to buy one, they seem much more practical to me than owning a RV, my parents and in-laws both have RVs and they seem like such a hassle sometimes (driving, fueling, dumping etc.)

I have a 2006 -- the TM gets used for 3-4 week long trips plus two 1500 mile trips each year.

I still love it and there have been few maintenance issues. The ones that come up (both this year) include a hard to find electric-to-the-taillights problem (turns out many electric connections were shaking loose) and one of the clips that holds the door in place broke. Once I found a dealer who had the clips (I don't live near one), replacing the clip was a dyo 5 minute fix (and I also have a spare in case the other one breaks).

Given that this is it other than standard maintenance (tires, repact bearings), I think it is doing well.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #122
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

My 2008 2619 is still in great shape with approximatly 40,000+ miles of towing in 2 years, including Canada & Alaska! Only a few issues appeared in that time and were DIY repairs! We go to RV shows and look for new and inovative stuff but have found nothing that compares!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #123
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by a635823 View Post
Do any of the original posters from 2005-2008 still love their TM's? It's been a good couple of years and I want to know your input! People after 2008 can reply too! Has anyone noticed quality changes, i.e. has it increased or decreased over the years? I really want to buy one, they seem much more practical to me than owning a RV, my parents and in-laws both have RVs and they seem like such a hassle sometimes (driving, fueling, dumping etc.)

Either way thanks for your help in advance!
<3
Annie
This past June the Trailblazers were up in Niagara Falls NY. Although I was not a member of this nice group, I live only 45 minutes from the place and decided to camp up there for their opening weekend.

I believe my TrailManor 2720SD was the newest unit in the park (one year old at the time) and what I noticed was something impressive. The TrailManor company has incorporated tons of "lessons-learned" into their product. In fact many visitors stopped by and pointed out many new features or improvements on what they had in their older units. The electric slide out, the 15 inch tires, the AC unit profile, the tail lights, backer-plates to support the latches better, the Jack antenna, the bumper storage, the dump station plumbing is now separate and not joined, and the list went on a bit.

Given that I store my unit in may garage in the Summer and on my back concrete pad in the Winter, this has been the perfect unit for us.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #124
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm pleased that you noiticed that fact. This group brings a lot of value to its members, but it doesn't end there. The enigneers and marketing people at TM keep up with this board as well, and since we constitute such a large base of owner experience, we bring value to them as well. It has always been true, ever since the forum began to grow beyond its humble beginnings in 2001.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #125
Shadowcats

We have a 3023, our second one...although retired, wven taken my daughter and her husband - a grand daughter - and two german sheperds! It is tight, but it works.

Have the solar panel that keeps the batts up nicely. Change the stool often and no smell problem. We replaced the old foam pads with air mattress - so much more comfortable - just deflate for travel.

My wife and I can up and down in just a few minutes. I can do it myself with no trouble. Car Toys here in the Springs says it all about the adjustment...when its right it really works easy!

We usually use the batt for the fridge when traveling and then switch to either gas or elec when comped. Never had a problem with batt drain. Also added a 1000 w inverter for those times off grid - wired it to a special receptical.

I tow with a 2012 Nissan Armada w/load level and overload cushions. Don't even know the TM is back there.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #126
Grandfather

Default DW and DH meaning. Acronyms

DW = Don't Worry
DH= Darling Husband

From the following link:

http://www.internetslang.com/list.asp?i=D
:

Hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #127
kokilo

We have owned our 2006 2720SD for two years now and have put 12,000 miles on it through all kinds of conditions. The few failures we have had have been fixable by us with readily available parts. Our experience with the three trailers we owned previously was not as pleasant.

Without this forum we would not have known to make some of the safety/useability improvements which have made our TM so nice.

Thanks, Peter and Martha
Old 10-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #128
cindycreekmore

Default Problems with "The Manor"

The sink being so low. I work 10 hours a day and the last thing I want to do is bend over the sink to do dishes!

Six gallon hot water heater.......barely enough hot water to do dishes used by 2 people, even with turning the water off between wash and rinse.......makes it IMPOSSIBLE to shower!

that's it, that's all I got...........
Old 10-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #129
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

Wow!! I don't know where that came from. After 30 years of washing dishes stream side on a rock, this is like the Hilton. We camp in the TM for 5 days and have water left to drain. Herself does dishes every night and never runs out of water (20 gal storage + 6 in the water heater). I'm sure she would be glad to give you some water conservation tips. We do use the campsite showers.
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #130
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycreekmore View Post
The sink being so low. I work 10 hours a day and the last thing I want to do is bend over the sink to do dishes!

Six gallon hot water heater.......barely enough hot water to do dishes used by 2 people, even with turning the water off between wash and rinse.......makes it IMPOSSIBLE to shower!

that's it, that's all I got...........
I can't think of anything other than a luxury RV that has more than 6gal water heater. It's standard equipment on most campers. If you use the electric and gas modes simultaneously, it will recover quickly.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote