TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2016, 12:09 PM   #11
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

It was on a popup form. One of the owners had a TM. When it was time to get away from canvas? I chatted with him and decided to look at the TM.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:31 PM   #12
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

It was during 2003 The wife and I were workkampers in Ten Mile TN. at the small gas station was a HiLo I was always interested in the HILo back then even though we had a class A the thought of a hard side easy to tow trailer was pretty cool. So many years later such as last few months ago did a search for a hilo and the Trailmanor trailer popped up. Again interest in a TM arose. I gotta say it is a delight to have one now.

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:56 PM   #13
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

For us it was the internet. When we were getting ready to retire DW thought it might be nice to get some kind of trailer. We liked to camp but after about a week we usually were ready for a hot shower and our bed. It sounded interesting to me but I wanted nothing to do with anything like a tent trailer.

After some research we narrowed it down to an A frame with bathroom and shower or TM. We went and looked at what was available. Lucky for us there were dealers close by. After seeing the TM we were sold. Thirty-six thousand miles and over 200 nights in the trailer have taken us to some of the most beautiful places in the US and Canada with never a regret.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:58 PM   #14
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Ken, It sounds like you have your travel papers in order!!! Thanks for the reminder, I need to make some reservations now myself.

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #15
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Love this thread

Back in 1995 I bought my first pop up...a Coleman Colorado....which was basically a tent on wheels. See pictures. I loved it because I wasn't sleeping on the ground anymore.

Then in 2001 I upgraded to a Rockwood pop up withe a stove and small fridg. Awesome! I think it was in 2002 when I just happened to see a TM that someone in the next campsite had. Saw them put it up, then went over to ask to see it. Thought it was amazing. That was going to be my next camper for sure. Funny thing....never saw another one at this campground until two years ago.

Then in 2003 I visited a dealer a couple hours away on July 4th weekend. At the time I was six weeks into chemo treatments and not as strong as I usually was. I tried opening and closing the TM and was amazed. Again I knew that some day I would own one myself. Didn't know when because they were so darned expensive, and I had a brand new pop up that I liked.

Fast forward ten years, getting older and more out of shape. Tired of cranking up the popup and worse...setting up,the awning which was hard on the shoulders. Suffered thru a couple of really rainy weeks camping and decided to start looking.

Was very hard to find any in Wisconsin unless I wanted brand new which I couldn't afford. Went to a couple of rv shows and spent hours in the TM talking to the rep. Okay....my plan is to start saving and In Three years I am buying new.

Kept scouring Craigslist and end of June I stumbled on the hard to find KD model which is what I wanted. Only problem is it was in Colorado and I am in Wisconsin...oh and I don't trust my minivan to pull it. I can't take time to drive there to get it, what am I going to do?

Luckily I had already joined this fabulous forum and had read someone's post about online bid site for shippers. Got quote for that. Negotiated a great price on the TM, but still have to find a new vehicle. Found my traverse same day. Ended up spending in total for camper and car what I would have just for a new TM.

Got the TM ten days before I was going on two week vacation. Next I had to sell my old popup before I got the TM delivered. Sold it for a song. No time or space to hold out for what it was worth.

Had some typical newbie issues that were mostly my fault but had a great vacation in my new to me TM. That was three summers ago and I still love love love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	12797  

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:51 AM   #16
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default That was so long ago

I don't remember for sure, looked at them for about 6 years before we ought ours in Oct. 2010. That was on the way back from Alaska with a pop up after 6 months on the road. Just got tired of the bear lecture.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:20 AM   #17
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
Just got tired of the bear lecture.
Nice.
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:06 AM   #18
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Default TM a rare bird in Canada

We had a "EEE" TT in the early 80"s but got out of camping about 10 years later due to working for a airline and traveling the world. DW got back into camping with her girlfriend and kids but in a tent. Tried that one year and after many leaks in the darn air mattress I said never again, not at my age.

So in 2004 we bought a pop-up Fleetwood Sante Feh and camped in that for 5 years. The only thing we did not like about the unit was that it had not bathroom facilities. It was difficult for DW due to the fact that she had chronic tummy problems and found it hard to reach the facilities at times.

The last year, while standing waiting for the Vancouver Island ferry, two units behind us was a TM. We where amazed by it and the owner was happy to show us the brochures he had on him. When we got on the campsite that day, it did not take long for us to access the TM website and we amazed by the unit. It had a bathroom.

Needless to say in 2010, we ordered our 2011 TM that fall from a authorized dealer in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Manitoba which is about 400 miles away from our home and picked it up in March 2011. There are only a few dealers in Canada, and the looks we get at campgrounds when we put up the TM are amazing. We have enjoyed our TM ever since

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:05 PM   #19
inghamm
Site Sponsor

We’ve been tent campers for years, gone on some great camping trips, Washington of course, Oregon, California, Canada, and several to Yellowstone. You read and follow all the bear warning instructions, but you still don’t really rest easy camping in a tent in Grizzly country. Every twig that snaps in the night you take heed of. One night in Yellowstone we hear this blood curdling scream in the middle of the night. In the morning we heard that a teenager had a nightmare. At the time it was very unnerving.

The 3 things we like least about tent camping:
1) Walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night. For my wife and I it’s 2-3 times a night. Usually cold, sometimes raining. We always go together. On the clear nights she’s looking up at the stars and I’m looking down watching out for slugs.
2) Packing up a wet tent and canopy. Then you know when you get home you have to wait for a dry day, set them up in the backyard so they dry, then pack them up again, or else you have mildew. The joy of living in the Pacific Northwest.
3) Tent leaks. Usually everything is fine in the rain, but sometimes something happens and you end up with water inside the tent, wet sleeping bags. Last time we didn’t get the ground cover right and we had water coming up from the floor.

I started looking at tent trailers with some kind of toilet around the year 2000. In the summer of 2003 we were camping at a Leisure Time/Thousand Trails camp outside of Leavenworth, WA, and I saw a little Trailmanor ad in a RV magazine in the lodge. Looked up the website and had them send me a brochure. Never considered a tent trailer after that.

I wish I still had those original TM brochures. I kept dreaming though. Around 2007 we traveled around 40 miles to the local dealer to actually look inside some. Kept dreaming. Sometime after that our local dealer went out of business. Our new local dealer was 200 miles away outside of Portland, OR. In the summer of 2014 we dropped by in Portland on our way home from a tent camping trip to look again. Finally in February 2015 we were able to afford a new one. Unfortunately, the factory was never able to deliver our order. We felt really blessed in June finding a 2007 model about an hour north of us. It was in pretty good shape. We’ve had to repair a few things and we’ve been making upgrades, but it really is a dream come true for us.

The bathroom is way better than any tent trailer I’ve seen. It’s nice to be able to shower in there. Not having to worry about mildew from wet canvas is great. My wife is a true Seattleite – finds anything over 75 degrees as hot. Now with the AC we can venture forth into lands previously forbidden. (I know they put AC’s on tent trailers, but it’s hard for me to imagine them being as effective as in the TM.) On our last 2 camping trips it was below freezing at night. We were warm and cozy in the TM. We’re looking forward to more trips to come.

TM: 2007 2720 (QB) TV: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Hopkins INSIGHT brake controller, Andersen No-Sway WDH
CARCHET Solar Powered TMPS
Dometic CRX-1110 AC/DC Compressor Fridge, 200 W Solar
inghamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:38 AM   #20
davlin
TrailManor Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by inghamm View Post
We’ve been tent campers for years, gone on some great camping trips, Washington of course, Oregon, California, Canada, and several to Yellowstone. You read and follow all the bear warning instructions, but you still don’t really rest easy camping in a tent in Grizzly country. Every twig that snaps in the night you take heed of. One night in Yellowstone we hear this blood curdling scream in the middle of the night. In the morning we heard that a teenager had a nightmare. At the time it was very unnerving.

The 3 things we like least about tent camping:
1) Walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night. For my wife and I it’s 2-3 times a night. Usually cold, sometimes raining. We always go together. On the clear nights she’s looking up at the stars and I’m looking down watching out for slugs.
2) Packing up a wet tent and canopy. Then you know when you get home you have to wait for a dry day, set them up in the backyard so they dry, then pack them up again, or else you have mildew. The joy of living in the Pacific Northwest.
3) Tent leaks. Usually everything is fine in the rain, but sometimes something happens and you end up with water inside the tent, wet sleeping bags. Last time we didn’t get the ground cover right and we had water coming up from the floor.

I started looking at tent trailers with some kind of toilet around the year 2000. In the summer of 2003 we were camping at a Leisure Time/Thousand Trails camp outside of Leavenworth, WA, and I saw a little Trailmanor ad in a RV magazine in the lodge. Looked up the website and had them send me a brochure. Never considered a tent trailer after that.

I wish I still had those original TM brochures. I kept dreaming though. Around 2007 we traveled around 40 miles to the local dealer to actually look inside some. Kept dreaming. Sometime after that our local dealer went out of business. Our new local dealer was 200 miles away outside of Portland, OR. In the summer of 2014 we dropped by in Portland on our way home from a tent camping trip to look again. Finally in February 2015 we were able to afford a new one. Unfortunately, the factory was never able to deliver our order. We felt really blessed in June finding a 2007 model about an hour north of us. It was in pretty good shape. We’ve had to repair a few things and we’ve been making upgrades, but it really is a dream come true for us.

The bathroom is way better than any tent trailer I’ve seen. It’s nice to be able to shower in there. Not having to worry about mildew from wet canvas is great. My wife is a true Seattleite – finds anything over 75 degrees as hot. Now with the AC we can venture forth into lands previously forbidden. (I know they put AC’s on tent trailers, but it’s hard for me to imagine them being as effective as in the TM.) On our last 2 camping trips it was below freezing at night. We were warm and cozy in the TM. We’re looking forward to more trips to come.
GREAT story! Thanks. Bill, we need a "like" button.
2013 F150 w/5.0 V8
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote