TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
Trailmanor George

Default Need advise - moving the TM into the yard

I bought my 2009 2720sl about 2 months ago, and when I backed it up for the first time on my side yard I had no problem. After returning from our first trip it had rained a lot, and when I tried to back it up to park on my side yard I got about half way up. Then the rear wheels on my tow vehicle (2010 Ford F150) started spinning and created a mud mess on my yard. We wound up getting it all the way in by putting plywood panels under the rear wheels of the F150 and slowly moving the panels a little at a time until we finally parked it. As you can see in the picture, I have to drive up a grass area that has about a 6 degree pitch to park my Trailmanor. After that happened I spread about 25 bags of sand, hoping that would help with the traction and to help grow my grass back. After returning from our second trip last week, the same thing happened again. This time I used the plywood panels right away so I would not damage the grass any more. I live in South Florida where it can rain at any time, so this will be an ongoing problem that I have to deal with. Today I spread another 15 bags of sand in the area, and I'm thinking of adding some weight to the bed of the truck with some cinder blocks or sandbags for better traction. I live in a community so I cannot pour rocks in that area and I'm too close to the property line to pour a concrete driveway. If you guys have any ideas or advise I would love to hear from you. Thanks for your help.
George
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170109_144850_resized.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	14564  
Trailmanor George is offline   Reply With Quote