TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #1
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Default Where did you hear about TraiManor?

I was driving today, and was wondering where others learned about TrailManor?

I was looking for a hard-sided popup, but I could not find anything online. Not sure why TrailManors didn't show in my search results, but they didn't. Also, didn't find Aliners until after I got my TM.

But, we went to the local RV show in 2011, and walked right into the TM display of The Car Show. Didn't know they were there, but they were the first trailer we saw. Kate proceeded to open one, so we stopped to look. Glad we did!

What was your first awareness of TrailManor?
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:55 PM   #2
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

It definitely wasn't online for us...I think we saw one at the big Houston RV show...back in the good ole days when Houston had a dealership.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:27 PM   #3
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Had a Vixen RV but was dissatisfied with it. Always had the problem of "when you get there how do you get around". Since my racing days were past, need to pull a race car was over.

Decided what I needed was a trailer and one that my Jeep Grand Cherokee could pull. Knew about HiLo so looked for one on Craigslist and ran into TMs. As soon as I saw the specs & found the forum web site and lots of online information I started looking and a few months later I looked at a '99 3023 in Duneden but just did not feel right (mouse droppings that blew out of the AC didn't help). About a month later I came across this unit in Ocala.

May sound strange but the serial number was the same as the last 4 of a GFs phone number and just felt good. Price seemed right for an '06 so bought it. Came back the next weekend (was still working then) & pulled home with no problems.

Since then it resides on a 10x25 pad in "the enclave", a "natural" area in the back yard where it is protected on three sides and under a foliage canopy.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:53 PM   #4
shebantam

Was at a Popup times Rally in Townsend TN when a lady brought hers to the rally and parked across the street from me.
then a friend bought one when she wanted more room than her popup could give her.
we were looking for something economical to tow to FLA to winter in. Looked at Hilo first, but the weight scared my husband, then we settled on a TM.
I am now looking for a larger TT with slides since we now have a permanent site in FLA. The TM, though bigger 8s just not big enough. Hubby sets up his lap top and takes the whole eatting area. I also need upper storage, not something I have to set in place. I have arthritis in the spine, knees, hips, wrists shouldrrs and fingers so the set up, tear down and bending to get stuff out of cabinets is painful. Same reason I did not use unde seat storage in my Bantam or popups.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
1999 Sunnybrook 26FK with WDH with sway
all pulled by a 1999 F150
shebantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:30 PM   #5
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

I found the Trailmanor when I went on a search for a new camper. I had tweaked one of my knees and wanted something newer and easier on my body.
The TM looked to fill all my wants and needs, so far it has been fun.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:47 AM   #6
ChefLamont

The Google knows all.

I started looking casually for a camper. For our family, tow vehicle, budget, I was thinking popup was where we would end up. In that pursuit, I saw a TM and have been pretty smitten with them. I am still looking and dont own one yet.........yet.
ChefLamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #7
Popupbenji

Wink

I went to an rv show when I was younger and watched one being setup and was absolutely amazed and thaught it was the coolest rv in the whole show
Popupbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #8
campernurse2012
Site Sponsor

My husband and I tent camped from 1995 until 2007 when I came across an a liner , we were tired of fighting the weather and our limitations of when and where we could go . We bought an Aliner which was nice, but after 5 years of camping and our aging ,we decided we needed something with more room and a bathroom/ shower. I started looking around for something we could pull easily and not be limited in any way! I looked off and on and found that a TM would be the best fit for us , finding a used one in our area was really a challenge!!! Then in November of 2012 I found our ' 05 2619 at a dealer in Austin , Tx . I had only seen the inside online , but when I stepped into the TM I was immediately impressed with the amount of room , etc. The rest is history ! We love our TM !
Texas
campernurse2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #9
Shane826
TrailManor Master

My extended family (mom & dad, brothers & sisters, aunts & uncles, cousins, grandma) would make a yearly trek from upstate NY to Myrtle Beach, SC. We had several pop-up campers for the adults while us kids would sleep in tents. My immediate family would spend a lot of time camping at Darien Lake amusement park with the same setup. So I had always wanted my own pop-up camper ever since I was a kid...

Fast forward to adulthood. Still wanted a pop-up. My wife was 100% against anything with canvas or any kind of tent material. I tried talking her into a hybrid as a compromise, still no go. I would browse Craigslist almost daily, daydreaming (also always wanted an ATV & a Gibson Les Paul)...

Then one day, there it was... An 05 2720QB, for sale 5 miles from my house. Went and checked it out and was convinced this was it. Hard sides, folds down for towing, I wouldn't have to buy a full size truck to pull it, and it could fit in the garage for storage. Showed my wife just as a concept (this unit was overpriced and in not great shape) and she told me to go to the credit union and see about a loan. I thought she was screwing with me. Still started doing some research (and found this site). A month later she asked what ever became of that camper. I told her I didn't think she was serious... Then the hunt was on! A couple months later we bought our 07 3326 King. That was last fall. Used it once, and can't wait for the camping season to start!
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:37 AM   #10
inghamm
Site Sponsor

Default my first Trailmanor brochure

When I looked for my first Trailmanor brochure I couldn't find it and was very sad. A couple of days ago I accidentally found it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Trailmanor 2003-1.pdf (6.09 MB, 250 views)
File Type: pdf Trailmanor 2003-2.pdf (5.21 MB, 297 views)

TM: 2007 2720 (QB) TV: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Hopkins INSIGHT brake controller, Andersen No-Sway WDH
CARCHET Solar Powered TMPS
Dometic CRX-1110 AC/DC Compressor Fridge, 200 W Solar
inghamm is offline   Reply With Quote