TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2003, 11:11 PM   #11
Windbreaker

Default Re:Trail Manor Evolution

I get the feeling we are still poor second class campers though. Trailer Life, in this month's issue, had a letter from a man thinking of down sizing, the ALiner and one other were suggested, no hint that they even knew what a TM was. >

Good thing there was an all most 1/2 page TM ad in the same issue.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:57 AM   #12
arknoah

We must have the old video, a clip of which was featured on the Trailmanor website. The olfer couple opening the unit showed us that we were perfectly capable of opening and closing the unit, so it was actually a good marketing tool for us.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:08 AM   #13
Windbreaker

Yea, us old folks rule! My DW on the other hand wants us to move to a big fiver. Don't think eather one of us would be happy pulling it. Think we will stay with the TM for at least two more years.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:23 PM   #14
Happytrails

Bob, the video I have is even older than that one. In mine, the older couple is pulling it with a Chevy Celebrity!!! The TM being towed is the exact same model as mine, an M25, and it does have the fully square windows as opposed to the newer "Radius" style windows. I can't remember what year the window manufacturers stopped making the square windows, but I think it was like a year or so after mine....which is a 1986.

Windbreaker, wanna talk about downsizing, today I had the opportunity to get a good close look at one of those truck bed campers. I'd NEVER seen the inside of one before. Interesting to say the least, it's amazing what they can do with such a small amount of space, but I'd never want one. It had a small converter/inverter, a water tank, stove (no oven tho), LOTS of storage space, and if ya wanted, you could sleep 4 unbelievably. It was kinda interesting to check out anyway. It didn't have a furnace, and was in really good condition. The fellow who owned it only took it out three times total, and now is selling it. Until today, it had never had one drop of rain on it, always kept covered up. When I think about how much space I have in my TM, then go and realize I'm basically walking around in a truck bed.....lol, well.....you can imagine how cramped one would be in one of those. Asking price was only $3000.00, though I have no idea how much they go for new.........But again, interesting..........

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]
Old 09-18-2003, 05:26 PM   #15
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Bill,

Yes I too was surprised at the room in the new truck campers. Some of the larger ones with a big overhang out of the box had a slide out for the side dinette. Real heavy. You would want a 1 ton pickup with dual wheels for more stability and better control. The prices were up there too. The one was $27,000.00. Others were in the lower $20's. Not too many in the high teens. They sure have come a long way. I was surprised at how many truck campers were at the HARRISBURG, Pa. RV show last weeken. It seemed like there were more kinds and sizes than ever.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 06:58 PM   #16
SweetSue

I know we would buy a fitted cover for our 2720 SL if one were available.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:37 PM   #17
Windbreaker

Look in Trailer Life mag. there are companies who will custom make them. Ours cost about $250 but it is not all that well designed. I'm sure you can do better.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:49 PM   #18
Happytrails

Lol, $27,000 for a truck camper, and people complain about the cost of a TM............I hope it had a shower, bathroom for that matter and a furnace!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]