TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2003, 10:56 AM   #1
Moonshot

Default What did you own before your TM?

What did you camp in before you bought your Trailmanor and why did you switch?

My previous camper was a 1963 Airstream that was in need of a lot of repair and was missing some parts that were next to impossible to find.

Scott
Old 09-17-2003, 11:14 AM   #2
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Re:What did you own before your TM?

Coleman Niagara.

I changed because 1) I like a little more privacy, 2) I wanted a little more security, 3) I have arthritis in my shoulders and cranking was a pain (literally), and 4) I like being able to pull a handle(s) to dump my "holdings".
The list goes on, but I won't.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 11:27 AM   #3
Windbreaker

Before the TM I was pure backpack/tent and anyone who wasn't was a sissy!

Now I'm starting to think that maybe I was wrong, nah, couldn't be.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:52 AM   #4
ColoradoCop

I owned a Wilderness, but after watching the trailer try to pass the tow rig on several occassions :-\ decieded that I wanted something with a lower towing profile. Wife found TM on the web and I was sold.

ColoradoCop 8)
Old 09-17-2003, 12:23 PM   #5
k_and_p_camping

Before the TM we owned a Coleman Utah pop-up. Very cushy, with a slide-out dinette. Before that we owned a Coleman Niagra, before that a Coleman Sequoia, and before that a Palamino Colt (that one bought in 1985). I always liked the outdoor feeling you get with a pop-up (we were tent campers before the pop-ups) and I refused to let my husband even look at a "tin can" as I called regular travel trailers. However the cranking and the restrictions on use in bear country got to us finally. We also got tired of the lack of storage; most of our "stuff" ended up on the floor of the pop-up, so we had to move it all out each time we before we set up and then bring it back in when we had the trailer put up. With the TM I can still have enough room to sleep my family of 5 comfortably while still having something I can pull with ease. Nice combination! We'd been looking for a used 3124 KB for more than 6 months before we found this one.

Pam S
Old 09-17-2003, 02:30 PM   #6
CC_Turtle

just tent camping.. sometimes i don't even feel like i am camping with the TM.. so much luxuary! i wanted to move from the tent to TM mostly for security/safety.. from bears and people...

teresa
Old 09-17-2003, 03:02 PM   #7
efelker

Just like Teresa -- a 20 year old tent (and an American Express card for the Holiday Inn for when the weather got really crappy).

Ed
Old 09-17-2003, 04:26 PM   #8
Chris_Bauer

This is the second TM in three years. Before that, nothing. Hadn't gone camping for over 15 years. I couldn't imagine owning anything other than a Trailmanor ;D.

Chris Bauer
Old 09-17-2003, 06:05 PM   #9
Happytrails

I'm with Windbreaker for sure, always a die hard tent camper. After baking in the sun for a few days in the OBX just sitting there in the sun, baking away.....we decided upon something better, maybe a pop up, or something else, didn't really know anything. (Not to mention Karen, my other half is disabled to an extent). We happened to "luck" into my TM completely. It was sitting on a "recycle lot" which today is the PC version of "Junkyard".....lol. I couldn't see it very well from where I was at, it sitting so far out on the lot, asked one of the guys if it was for sale, and he said it was owned by one of the other guys there and to ask him......So I walked up, asked him if it was, he said, "yes, how much you wanna give for it?" I said, "I dunno, I haven't really looked at it, or can even really see it well from up here, thought I'd ask is all". He replied, "Tell ya what, I'll sell it to ya for what I have in it......$400.00". So I took that into account, walked out on the lot, and looked at it. I opened it up, seemed nice on the inside except for the bathroom mirror was broken on the floor. Also, when it first opened up, I had three feet of sky between the shells as it was opening up way too far. A little time looking at it, and grabbing the owners manual, I beat feet when it fell about 3 feet to the streetside on the front shell. Got some others to help getting it back down, and told him I'll think about it. So I left there, talked to a local RV shop who said, "heck, for 400.00, you can sell the appliences out of it, and turn the frame into a car hauler, and maybe triple your money outta it or more, I'd go for it". So then I hit the web, found this place, found out a LOT about them that night, next day, GLEEFULLY paid the man his asking price of $400.00! Fixed it all up, and been happy since! I probably only have about $1000.00 in it total, and can't complain!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]
Old 09-17-2003, 07:35 PM   #10
bonzaibeaver

We've run the gamut in the last 30 years. We've gone from tent to small Jayco pop-up to the Deluxe Jayco Cardinal Pop-up, to a 23 ft. Jayco travel trailer. We hated the gas mileage that we got towing the 23 ft. Jayco and hated pulling it and parking it. Our family had the most fun in our Jayco Cardinal which was a very large pop-up, but we didn't like wet canvass in the rain. So we wanted to find something that was a cross between the towability of the Jayco Cardinal and the comfort of the 23 footer. Voila! Trailmanor was the perfect trailer for us. It's the best of both worlds.