TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #11
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
We use the custom slip on mirrors, similar to: http://www.truckspecialties.com/mirror_extensions.htm

Easy to install and adjust, they don't vibrate, and gives me a good view even with my 8' wide trailer. But just like the mirrors on those big trucks, you still cannot see a vehicle close behind the trailer.

I gotta fold at least 1 mirror in before going into my 9' garage door.
I use those exact same mirrors on my Silverado. I love them but in reality, I don't think that they technically conform to the law as Bill stated above (converging lines of view) with an 8' wide trailer. My 2720 is 7.5' wide and I don't think that the lines of view converge behind the trailer.

I feel comfortable towing with them though, they look great and they are EZ to install. I also have a rear-view camera.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #12
mtnguy

In reading the other thread listed, my setup probably conforms to California law, but not sure what it is here in Virginia. Since the outer edge of my mirrors are 9' apart, and my trailer is 8', then the sight line does converge behind the trailer, but not sure if that is within 200'....but probably so. It think there is a balancing point of having the mirrors stick out enough to see as close behind you as possible, vs. having those puppies sticking so far out that it is possible to clip other vehicles, tunnels walls, bridges, mailboxes, etc.

Trailmanors are 90" wide, so I am pretty sure my mirrors conformed when I was pulling that.