TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
kengiesige
Site Sponsor

Talking The Best Thing I did This Year

I bought that Mesh Screen Doors with Magnets as seen on TV-- the best thing I did. It has many strips that are glue on one side and Velcro on the other side. You stick these where you want them across the top of the door opening and down the sides. You also stick them onto the mesh screening where you want them to pretty much line up. Already down the center are sets of magnets which snap together after you pass through. It works great & only cost $15 & we can take it off & store it when we put it down & only takes about 2-3 min. to put it up since the strips glued to the wall just stay there. When the Velcro on door opening would (rarely) be loose, I stick it back on with Guerilla Glue. We have a 2005 which we've had only 3 seasons-- 2720 SD---the best thing I bought for the TM---The other thing I've done is: on the little door that opens up outside on the front of the TM, to get storage items out from under the dinette seat, I put Velcro on the TM and on the back of the door, so it will stay open while I'm getting things out.I used sandpaper to rough up the finish & glued on the Velcro on the right side of the door when I open the door I just push on the right side of the door where the Velcro is & it stays open when I open it to get thing in or out it work great----Ken
kengiesige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
fairweatherfisherman
Site Sponsor

That’s cool. We’ve been playing around with a DIY version for the back of our van.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
Marklee

Default As seen on TV (not on the tow vehicle!)

Kengiesige, thanks so much for your post! We just bought our 2013 TM (a week ago today) and have been wondering what to do about a screen door! This looks like it will work wonderfully.

Two questions: The screen we bought is both too wide and too long. If you had the same issue, how did you adjust it? Cut it down?

Also, our door jobs in near the bottom, so the screen can't go straight down very easily. Does yours do this and what did you do about that? Our door fram profile is sort of like this:
|
|
|
__|
|
Tacoma 4 X 4
Marklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #4
kengiesige
Site Sponsor

On our 2005 Trail Manor model 2720 SD, we bought a $15 mesh screen with magnets, as seen on TV.. We stuck the side strips on the wall a few inches wider than the door opening. You don't want it tight across--it should just hang loosely. Also, the velcro strips that you glue onto the openings of the door don't have to exactly match up to the ones that you glue onto the walls. The magnets that are already on the openings just easily click together when you go in and out. At the bottom, ours is at least 6 inches too long--this is good because it can either lay on the floor or hang outside down toward the steps. If there are any places on the side where you think a bug could get in, they don't. They prefer to fly in, not walk in. Flies, bees and mosquitoes don't get in. We've had it for all of our camping trips and two more 4-night trips to go for a total of 39 nights. It's a great investment for $15. We haven't had any problems with it.----Ken & Noel
kengiesige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:37 PM   #5
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Ken, post up some pics or a video

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:15 PM   #6
Marklee

Talking Thanks

Thanks for the added info. I hadn't though about mosquitos and not actually walking in at the floor level.

Can't wait to get ours up before our first trip in a week or two.

Diana
Tacoma 4 X 4
Marklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #7
bonusvalue

The width of the screen is trimmable?
bonusvalue is offline   Reply With Quote