TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
jamayky

Default Gardiner, MT - Yellowstone North Entrance

Just returned from an amazing two week trek through ten states to spend some time in Yellowstone.

First, the TM (2006 2619) was an absolute ace on the trip. No operational issues, and slept like babies every night. Got questions and commentary as we would set up or take down (or even gas up the Jeep). Even saw one person explaining how the TM worked to another member of their party as we eased into a campground. This trip is the reason we purchased the TM in the first place. That was one of those decisions you look back at and say, "Oh yeah, good move!"

The campground we chose as a base from which to tour Yellowstone was the Rocky Mountain RV Park in Gardiner, MT.

http://www.rockymountainrvpark.com/index.htm

It turned out to be precisely the choice for the manner we wanted to see Yellowstone. We wanted to camp as close as possible, and to make daily road trips into the park for specific destinations each day. Since the campground is only blocks from the historic entrance, that was easily done.

Facilities were very good. Sites were level and clean, with the occasional Elk leaving a calling card (which after all is a bit of the park/mountain ambiance isn't it).

Actually, with the small cabins available at the facility, one could fly any "non-camping" family members out to see the park as well. That's an aspect we will consider on our next trip.

Staff members were very helpful, and willing to help "design" the best trips to see Yellowstone.

Between the TM itself, the many vistas and great places to see along the way, and the majesty of Yellowstone, this trip was one of the great experiences of our lives.

Camping your way through only puts you in the middle of it all. There were others worthy of mention on the route that I will add as I review my notes ...
Old 06-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Isn’t it wonderful to have the comforts of home everywhere you go? So nice to have your own bed and be able to eat good food every day. Yellowstone has always been one of our favorite parks. We have probably been there a dozen times now. A lot of the time we camp at Lizards Tail in the Tetons. Very close to the Yellowstone east entrance and roomier campsites. There is a pic of the last campsite we had there in my albums.

We are heading out for our first trip this year to the high lakes in Cascades of Oregon. Can’t wait to get out again!

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
jamayky

Can I ever offer an "AMEN" to that! We honestly commented on exactly that time and again on the trip.

Thanks very much for the response! We were initially considering camping at the east entrance, and deferred to Gardiner and the north entrance. After being there, I don't think that there is a bad way to see that country.

However, we were actually talking about a return trip targeted for the east entrance. That would put us in striking distance of some things that we missed this time such as the Tetons, Cody, Jackson, etc.

About to browse Lizard's Tail campgrounds ... Thanks!