TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2001, 07:40 AM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default This company is responsive!

We just picked up our new 2002 2720SL a couple weeks ago. Then I read this message board - I know, I should have done it the other way around - and started to worry about some of the problems. I see the messages about square wheel wells being a problem - guess what, they have now put in rounded wheel wells. I see the messages about tires, and how can the owners put on good ones like the Goodyear Marathons. Guess what? My TM came with Goodyear Marathon ST215 trailer-rated tires, load range C, 1870 pounds rated load.

We loved the trailer already, and our shakedown cruise was flawless - now I can't wait to see what else they have fixed! This has gotta be a good company!

Still has the "elegant lights", though, that have already gotten a bit intermittent. Oh, well, can't have everything.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 04:04 AM   #2

Default Re: This company is responsive!

It wasn't so much that the wheel wells were square it was that the material in the well could be damaged by a blown tire. I haven't seen the rounded wells to know if the rounded part is made up of heavier gauge steel to avoid having the internals of the cabin damaged if a tire blew.
Of course, with luck and the new tires, maybe you'll never have to find out!

Dick B