TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
tdetesta

Default Do they leak?

We are seriously considering buying a Trailmanor, but my brother-in-law just spoke to a mechanic who used to work for a dealer and he said that these trailers are prone to leaking during rain with any little side wind. We never saw any mention of this anywhere else, but considering how expense a purchase like this is, we wanted to check it out. Please give us some honest advice.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Bill & Lisa

We were camping this past weekend and it rained for 16 hours straight, sometimes so hard you could not hear the airconditioner running or pop corn popping in the micro wave. winds varied from 15mph to 40+ and from a number of directions. Not a drop on the inside. My opinion is obviously at odds with your brother's. FWIW (for what it's worth)

Bill
Old 04-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
2bcs1jrt

Well, I will get back to you on Monday. I have a 10 year old 2518. I am leaving for a Dog Agility trial in about 30 min. It is a 4 day trial in Dixon CA where it has been raining non stop all week and according to weather.com, it will continue to do so until Monday. I can say that I have left it open for the last 3 days in pouring rain and have seen no leaks so far. I purchased it last June so we haven't had to camp in rain so far. If we don't leak in the next 4 days, I for one will be convinced. Of course it may be hard to tell with 2 wet humans and 3 wet dogs living in it for 4 days.
I'm off to the mud fest! Now, this is my idea of fun!!
Cheri
PS
Love that Spell Check!
Old 04-17-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
2bcs1jrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bcs1jrt
Well, I will get back to you on Monday. I have a 10 year old 2518. I am leaving for a Dog Agility trial in about 30 min. It is a 4 day trial in Dixon CA where it has been raining non stop all week and according to weather.com, it will continue to do so until Monday. I can say that I have left it open for the last 3 days in pouring rain and have seen no leaks so far. I purchased it last June so we haven't had to camp in rain so far. If we don't leak in the next 4 days, I for one will be convinced. Of course it may be hard to tell with 2 wet humans and 3 wet dogs living in it for 4 days.
I'm off to the mud fest! Now this is my idea of fun!!
Cheri
PS
Love that Spell Check!
well, we're back and happy to say, no leaks!. As I said, I had it set up in the driveway for 3 days prior to our trip with lots of heavy rain. The sky opened up once again as I was closing it up preparing to tow. Not a drop got inside during the process. We had showers and occasional heavy rain on Wed, Thur, and Sun. of our trip with no problems! I was very happy with the experience.
This weekend we will go back in and work on the muddy mess created by 4 days 3 dogs and 2 humans in the mud and muck.
Cheri
Old 04-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #5
PopBeavers

I washed the TM this weekend. My hose has 90 pounds of pressure and I used a pressure nozzle like you would use to rinse the driveway. Even when blasting the sides and windows not a single drop got inside. All seals, windows, vents and door performed flawlessly.

I'd be interested in finding out how anyone gets water inside, other than leaving doors, windows and vents open.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #6
Debian Dog

We camped all weekend this weekend, it rained its butt off on and off all weekend till Sun. Not a drop inside!

I was a bit envious of this guys Toy Hauler trailer till his mother came out of the bedroom talking about how "the bed was soaked". Felt bad for them. Good for me.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #7
wwjam

We had one leak in a window when we first got it, but the dealer fixed it and it hasn't leaked since. Until we got a cover for the TM we had it sitting in our driveway for part of the winter. And believe me it rains a lot here, but no more leaks. We do have one water problem though. When we travel and it's raining, there is some water on the vinyl seals after we set it up, and some of the curtains are damp. I keep reading different posts about the TM being set up in the rain and staying completely dry. Could something be wrong with ours because it isn't completely dry? Or could it be that we don't get it set up fast enough?

Thanks,
Jo Ann
Old 04-24-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
PopBeavers

When I fill my 40 gallon tank to the max, some water sloshes out the vent tube during travel, resulting in some water on the front most street side curtains.

Other than that, not a drop, but I don't often drive in the rain. It shouldn't rain anymore now until Halloween.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:41 AM   #9
wwjam

Leon,

We do close the curtains which as we discovered does make a difference, but some are still a little damp. The seals I'm referring to are the ones with the velcro. I have to wipe some of them off. One time underneath the mattress of our bed was wet. I just wondered if this was a normal thing to happen.

Thanks,
Jo Ann
Old 04-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #10
PopBeavers

I was in a light rain with light wind this past weekend in my 2005 TM 2720. Not a single drop got in, even when closing in the rain and wind.

I did have condensation on the inside of the windows.