TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #1
Firedog

Default Picture from Unicoi Springs, GA

These are pictures of our TM at Unicoi Springs outside of Helen, GA. Very nice campground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM at Unicoi.JPG
Views:	757
Size:	479.8 KB
ID:	1175   Click image for larger version

Name:	TM at Unicoi 2.JPG
Views:	753
Size:	480.8 KB
ID:	1176  
Old 06-09-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
rockerga

It is a very nice campground. We were there in the winter and received a nice dusting of snow all weekend. My son, grandson and I went exploring on all the mountain roads through "Swallow Creek" WMA while the girls went shopping in Helen. We had close to a foot of snow at the top.

Nice pics!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Firedog

We actually liked it so much that we are considering moving to that area. We are getting tired of living with all of the crime in Savannah, as well as the heat, humidity and threat of hurricanes. It would be nice to live in an area where they actually have changes of season. Here we have two seasons...hot and not as hot.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #4
rockerga

Default Unicoi/Swallow Creek

Here are two pics from February this year. The camp is not as pretty in the winter but it is almost EMPTY up there! The only five RV's in our area were in our group! The Swallow Creek sign pic was taken only hours after the camp pic. The camp area only received a "dusting" so it shows what a difference elevation can make; both locations are not even 7 miles apart!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Swallow Creek Top 2_06.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Unicoi Camp 2_06.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1179  
Old 06-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
Firedog

Wow....that is a big difference. I lived in Vermont for a couple of years and know what a big difference elevation can make. That picture wasn't taken in Unicoi Springs, was it? Were were actually supposed to be on site #17 initially. They moved us to #36 during check-in.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #6
rockerga

Default Unicoi State Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedog
Wow....that is a big difference. I lived in Vermont for a couple of years and know what a big difference elevation can make. That picture wasn't taken in Unicoi Springs, was it? Were were actually supposed to be on site #17 initially. They moved us to #36 during check-in.
My apologies. I was at Unicoi "State Park" just up the street. Matter of fact I ran right past the park entrance (First ever visit) and turned around at Unicoi Springs entrance to go back...

That entire section of Georgia is just such a beautiful area. My family and friends have been primitive camping in that vicinity for almost 40 years either in the WMA's or National Forest areas and now in the RV parks since we bought our TM in December! (Our first RV) We try go camping (in one form or another) every 4-5 weeks.