TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-30-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Yellowstone Expedition 2005 chapter one

We have had our 3326K for just about a year now, and although we have taken short trips, this year we decided to vacation in Yellowstone.

Our son is 14 and this was one of the last opportunities we had to actually enjoy each others company before puberty turns him into an inarticulate lump. I visited Yellowstone several times as a child, but the hubby and son never had.

Starting late in June, we planned to be back for the fourth of July.

Our first stage was Tucson to Flagstaff, driving up I17 we passed a brushfire north of Phoenix just as fire crews began to assemble. This fire was later named the Carefree Complex fire, and continued to burn all the time we were gone. Staying overnight in Bonita campground at the base of Sunset Crater we had no trouble setting up, and no audience. This is a small park service campground and has no utilities, only a beautiful view of the crater and more cinders to track through your trailer than anyone could want. It was only the next day, as we were packing up that an audience gathered to see the three stooges act we became as we lowered the Trailmanor to travel. We did everything wrong. We forgot to put the steps in first, we left stuff on the floor in the way of the front slide (and now have a reminder dent in the wall), we left papers in the trailer we needed to have in the tow vehicle with us. The oohs and ahs of interest rapidly decayed into snickers and disinterest as we repeatedly had to open the front and shove our son into the partial opening to check again why we couldn't close it. As my husband (the Buddhist) said, we learned humility if nothing else.
tucsoncarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:33 AM   #2
BobRederick

TC

Glad to hear you are using that new 3326 King!

We camped at Sunset 2X already. Its a great place. We dry camped just outside and South of Sunset Creater Nat Park.

I wonder why it is that all these foo-pahs happen when someone is watching. Been there - done that too.

Bob