TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #11
flashpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2951 View Post
I probably should add that the idea is not without merit. It still plays into the biggest problems with folding TMs. That is, you have a lot to setup and knock down everytime you move. You cannot just fold and go.

I am still liking the idea of removing one of the buffet table seats (the one nearest the) and using a bar stool in its place. Its a great way to gain about 2 to 3 square feet of living space at the cost of one elf bed and the storage under the seat. Considering its just the wife and I, along with the two small, portable, self powered & propelled, 4 legged burglar alarms the larger space would be welcomed.

I should also say that your shelf mod is the kind of mod my pardette would like...
Actually the shelves pop in and pop right back out. It takes all of 20 seconds to set up the shelves. Once out they store perfectly under the rear bed mattress. I used to spend 10 minutes moving stuff around. Even if I were only stopping for the night it wouldnt be any more effort to install these and take them down the next morning than trying to find a place to set your bags.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
ThePair
TrailManor Master

So, I take it you just drilled a hole into the plates and slip the round ends of the shelving wires into the holes? Is this made easier by the fact that the bathroom wall can swing outwards a bit at setup/takedown to make the insertion/removal easier?

Or is there more/less to this than I think? Is the flex of the walls enough to pop them without having to manipulate the bathroom wall?
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #13
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Quote:
flashpoint Join Date: Sep 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW: if ya didnt shower for 3 to 4 weeks your dogs would love it!
You may be right, if I can sit here with 2 dogs eating dehydrated green tripe, with the smell wafting up to me and filling the room, they would be able to tolerate me and DF

We camp a a lot of places were we have to pump water, and dump in the pit toilet with our tote!
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #14
flashpoint

The plates themself are not thick enough to properly support the round ends of the shelves. Not deep enough. If they were think plates they would interfer with the folding of the bathroom walls and the closing of the trailer.The plates strenthen the small mount holes in the walls themself. I wanted the shelves to hold a decent amount of weight. The left side bathroom wall is thin wall board and the right or trailer side wall is aluminum. Not strong enough to support weight without becoming oblong over time.

Look close at the bottom shelf. Only one side needed to be supported into the wall. the other side rests firmly on the trailer railing. Simply lift that side up and it comes right out of the mount holes on the other side. The top shelf needed to be supported on both sides and YES! when unlatched the wall flexes way more than enough to allow for the easy installation or removale of the top shelf.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #15
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

TTT for Flashpoint. Flashpoint can you see this? It is posted under the heading of Interiors. If you cannot see it... it maybe because you are not a shown as a site sponsor.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #16
ThePair
TrailManor Master

It's as I thought, then.

For this kind of mod, though, I'd be quite worried about the strength issue. So much so that I'd look into something like a bracket to support the outer wall side from below, rather than relying solely on the wall mount--unless you used some kind of anchor? A thin slip of metal extending from the holes down to the shelf would put the weight onto a much stronger surface than the super-thin aluminum of the wall. Likewise on the inner, folding wall side, although that side is less likely to have an issue, I'd think.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
ng2951

Surprise, surprise the pardette did not like the idea. She says she does not want to keep taking the shelves in and out everytime we take a shower.

Still, if you aren't using the shower its a neat idea...
Old 01-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #18
torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
It's as I thought, then.

For this kind of mod, though, I'd be quite worried about the strength issue. So much so that I'd look into something like a bracket to support the outer wall side from below, rather than relying solely on the wall mount--unless you used some kind of anchor? A thin slip of metal extending from the holes down to the shelf would put the weight onto a much stronger surface than the super-thin aluminum of the wall. Likewise on the inner, folding wall side, although that side is less likely to have an issue, I'd think.
I believe the metal brackets are suppling the support for the holes If I read correctly.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #19
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Yes, but the holes have zero support--they'll tear as soon as significant weight is put on a shelf. These plates will help, but then my concern is the plates pulling out! Hence my thinking that an anchor or well nut would probably work.

In my case, I'm going to look into something that doesn't require drilling holes. DW likes the idea as long as there aren't holes in the walls.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #20
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Default Modified shower curtain with buttons!

Here are a few pic's of our shower! We bought the buttons at Doller tree and clipped the curtains!
Attachment 5657

Attachment 5658

Attachment 5659

Attachment 5660

Attachment 5661

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote