TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor General Discussions > General discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2017, 11:19 PM
aslag54 aslag54 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Snohomish County, WA
Posts: 76

I know from experience (many years ago) if you're 19 years old US Customs does not allow you to enter the USA with beer you purchased legally in Canada.
Former owner of a new 2015 2720QD that began to fall apart on the drive home.
It spent 1 month waiting for TM Mfg to pick it up, then 2 months later it was
returned with nearly as much damaged as was repaired. So I returned it to
Custom RV where it sat for 5 months waiting for parts and repairs before I gave up.
10,000 miles traveled during the 11 months of ownership dealing exclusively
with repairs of this POS Trailmanor.

Tow vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn 3.0L Ecodiesel QC 4x4
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:37 AM
FujiPedaler FujiPedaler is offline
Site Sponsor
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 123
Default Border crossings

Coming back to the U S from B C Canada we did have to open the camper so they could look into our freg. It was funny to watch him climb into the TM with just the front up and to hunker down to get under the rear shell and with a flashlight to inspect the freg. No problems and they all liked the TM.

You do need your passports!

Going into Canada, my "Bear Repellent" was ok.

2007 3326 King (3rd Owner)
Toyota 4Runner V8
WDH, Rear receiver for bikes,
Hual-a-vator for Kayaks
Norman & Elizabeth
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:47 PM
tentcamper's Avatar
tentcamper tentcamper is offline
Site Sponsor
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Somerset, OH
Posts: 1,565

Yes you need a passport to re-enter the USA. I think it was after 911 that they
started. It use to be few questions and you entered the US. I think Canada asks for a passport to confirm you will can re-enter and not be stranded in Canada.

Some of the border states offer driver licenses that have verified passports and if you have one of them. US customs accepts those licenses to come back to the US.
Art & Joyce
Thornville, OH
2009, 3023-QB, 5.2K axle, Swing Hitch, factory bike hitch, almost all the options, many mods.
2012 Highlander
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:59 AM
BubbaDad BubbaDad is offline
Site Sponsor
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6

Interesting stuff. I want to goto Canada and did not think about fruits or protection items or the dog being up to date in records. I want to go through up to Alaska and do a bit of hunting. I might have to look into the laws.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:49 AM
BrucePerens BrucePerens is offline
Site Sponsor
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 683

And how can those Canadians even think to mess with our Divine Right to Bear Firearms? I should have a right to bring my AR-15 with silencer there. :-)

There is something called a PAL card that will let you bring in your hunting guns free and bypass a lot of paperwork you'd otherwise do at the border.
Bruce Perens K6BP - 2004 TM 3023, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
My Trailmanor Customizations

Last edited by BrucePerens; 09-13-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Border to border in Canada! Lesherp Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit 9 05-10-2014 08:43 AM
Can I pull my Trailmanor to Canada? Dalat General discussion 9 05-10-2012 10:27 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2011 Trailmanor Owners Page.