TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Default Maiden Voyage and Comments on 2720SL

After several weeks of sitting in the driveway, we finally hooked our 2004 2720SL up to the Honda Pilot and headed out for our maiden voyage. Because it was our first trip, we opted for a local campground less than 30 minutes from our house. The campground was the Lake Williams campground near Amston Connecticut. We were there for the Memorial day weekend (see first few pics attached).

On Memorial day, my father and I packed up and headed for Nickerson Family Campground in Chaplin CT (Northeastern CT). Great campground with fantastic sites right along the Natchaug River. They stock the river with trout and I caught about a dozen brown and rainbow trout.

Anyway. a few initial thougts:

1. The furnace is loud! Need to look into an electric heater with fan.

2. The hinges on the bathroom door are poorly designed! There must be a way to reconfigure the hinges so the door will open ALL THE WAY! Any thoughts/mod suggestions?

3. Need to carry a portable tote as the sites along the river did not include sewer hookups. Which tote will fit under my frame along side the spare tire?

4. The furnace thermostat does have a wide setpoint, as much as 5 degrees. For now I'll settle for the large temperature variance in exchange for the infrequent starting of the furnace.

5. The screen porch option is nice, but until you set it up for the first time, you won't realize it's simplicity. If any of you buy this option, know that you need to leave the awning down and only partially assembled before you attempt to assemble the screened in porch. In my first experience, I had already FULLY extended the awning before attempting to construct the porch. The next time I'll know better! Leave the awning lowered and short, then attach the screen porch side and front walls BEFORE attempting to raise the awning using the side angled supports.

6. Be ready to give multiple tours of curious on-lookers at the campground!

7. Make sure you center the chair before you slide in the slide-out! I had it to the non-street side and the slide-out did not fully slide in so that when I went to latch the forward section of the roof, it would not latch! Another lesson learned!

In the attached pictures you will see the trailer hooked up to the Tow Vehicle (Honda Pilot) for the initial trip. Later you will see myself and my father standing alongside the TM. And finally, you will see the TM setup with the porch attached.

I look forward to our next trip, to Northern VT!

Vince, in CT
wesslvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
efelker

Default Re:Maiden Voyage and Comments on 2720SL

Vince:

Great pictures, and thanks for sharing the tips. How did the Pilot perform? What hitch are you using?

Ed
Old 06-07-2004, 09:10 PM   #3
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Vince:

Great pictures, and thanks for sharing the tips. How did the Pilot perform? What hitch are you using?

Ed
Hi Ed,

The Pilot has no problem as the TV, however our trip to Upstate VT later this month will be the true test. I have a Draw-Tite WD hitch, I think it is a 700# model.

Take care,

Vince
Old 06-08-2004, 06:53 PM   #4
kempert
Site Sponsor

Vince-

Thanks for the pictures.

I took the handle off the top section of the bath room door on my '02 and the door opens almost 180. I found that I realy didn't need the handle.

Kemper
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:39 PM   #5
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I took the handle off the top section of the bath room door on my "02 and the door opens almost 180. I found that I realy didn't need the handle.
Kemper
The door is not hitting the handle, it actually is restricted by the clearances surrounding the hinges themselves. I think a different style hinge would allow it to fully open.

VInce
Old 06-08-2004, 08:43 PM   #6
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Vince,

When I saw pictures of your awning, it brought back memories of when we owned our Coleman popups. We always had the screen room for the awning. Of course, Coleman made them for the units. It sure made a nice area for the kids to play instead of being in the trailer.

I was wondering how much the screen room cost for the Fiama awning? It sure looked nice. Is there a back part that covers the bottom area of the trailer when atached to the TrailManor. Our Coleman screen room had a piece that went all way across the back so you couldn't see under the trailer, and also it kept out the bugs.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #7
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I was wondering how much the screen room cost for the Fiama awning? It sure looked nice. Is there a back part that covers the bottom area of the trailer when atached to the TrailManor. Our Coleman screen room had a piece that went all way across the back so you couldn't see under the trailer, and also it kept out the bugs.
Hi Bob,

Yes, there is a back part that covers the areas under th TM. I think it cost me an extra $900 or so. I'm sure I could have dickered some here but at this point I was caught up in the purchase. We ordered the TM from the RV show in Providence RI in Feb. BTW, the dealer made all the installations off brackets and velcro so that the porch went up easily, once I figured out what the instructions were trying to tell me.

Take care,

Vince
Old 07-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #8
jb1971

Hi;

We're new to the forum How do we access your pictures?

jb1971
Old 07-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #9
Freedom

Many pictures on older posts are no longer available. There was an update or two of the forum software and a lot of links and pictures were lost. If you write (PM) wesslvm he may still have them or may be able to tell you where to see them.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:04 PM   #10
Freedom

I think his pictures had to do with a screen room for the Fiamma awning. Here's a site that shows them and where you can order to fit your awning.
http://www.fiammausa.com/PDFs/usa228/usa228_17-18.pdf Hope that's what you're looking for.
I can't help with the picture of the Honda Pilot towing a TM