TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2009, 06:48 AM   #11
mtnguy

I paid $40 for the lift kit, and $13 shipping in March 07.

Here is what you get, and what it looks like after the install:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lift Kit.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	3463   Click image for larger version

Name:	After Mount.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	3464  
Old 04-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchaser View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! That may be the way to go for now to get it in/out of the driveway! Cheaper than a regrade and concrete pour!
Sunchaser -

Be aware, of course, that I picked the 6-inch number out of the air. If you drop it too far, the rear end of the trailer will come up nicely, but the hitch will scrape the driveway. You should be able to eyeball a correct number.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #13
Sunchaser

Default Dragging

Thanks, will take a look at all options....
Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #14
jmburg

Sunchaser,

We had a similar problem. Tried using 2X8's plus a sheet of 7/8" plywood (thickest I could find). We could have sold tickets to the comedic performance getting in and out of the driveway. Took the advice of this forum, ordered the lift kit for about $60, and took the TM to a shop to have it installed. It was tack welded, and I didn't have either the tools or the expertise to do the job myself. Problem solved and the TM eased in the garage with almost an inch to spare vertically. Now we come and go, and the neighbors can only laugh at me trying to hook up and then return the trailer to the allocated space in the garage.

We are former pop-uppers and we love our TM. Good luck, and Happy Trails.

jmburg
2005 2720SL
2004 Dodge Pickup
Old 04-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #15
Sunchaser

Jmburg-great comments about the entertainment provided for the neighbors!

What did the shop charge you to install the lift kit?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #16
jmburg

Hi SunChaser,

Sorry to be so long in getting back in touch with the forum. I didn't realize until today that I had generated a question. I checked my files, and the total was $120.00. That is a lot, but under the circumstances, and all the work we had been going through, it didn't seem like too much at the time. Matter of fact, it still doesn't seem like too much, it is so nice to be able to hook up and pull out without knowing "oh @#$%@#, here we go again."

The shop that did the work was a tractor/trailer repair shop. There is not a TM dealer near us, and the RV dealers and utulity trailer shops were booked up for several weeks at that time. So, we went for the fastest turn-around time, which was only one day. We haven't had any complaints on the work or the results. I haven't noticed any difference in the way the trailer pulls at all.

jmburg
2005 2720SL, 2004 Dodge pickup w/4.7 engine
Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #17
newtome3326k
Site Sponsor

Default Fix for tail end dragging while going up driveway

Hi,
where do you order the lift kit from and what is the part number? Just saw that our Trailmanor dealer in Burleson, Texas The Happy Camper is no longer there but have been told someone bought the stock and are now located in Cleburne Texas... Have the same problem but it drags coming out of our storage area. Thanks
WDH, Brake Controler, 2 Pioneer cameras
newtome3326k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #18
jmburg

Hi Newtome,

Initially I found out about the lift kit from the forum. I called the company and talked with them to order the part. My receipt doesn't have a part number, it just says 2 1/2 inch lift kit. The cost was $40.00 and the shipping was $13.10 for a total of $53.10. They sent the part via UPS, and I sent a check for the total costs. They were very trusting I thought. If you need it the telephone number is 865-426-7426.

jmburg
2005 2720SL
2004 Dodge pickup w/4.7
Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #19
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Newtome -

Don't forget AstroBruce's original suggestion to simply release the spring bars. Very quick and easy. That will allow the hitch to drop a couple inches, which will raise the rear end by close to an inch. Is that enough to do you any good?

I have the opposite problem in my driveway. If I try to pull in or out without pulling up the springbars, the hitch drags. If I pull up the bars, all is well.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote