TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2017, 03:16 PM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

It is possible that the jack crank is under the mattress. Yes, you can crank the jacks down to the ground and back up with a drill, but unless you get a wicked powerful drill, you won't be able to actually lift the TM with it. That's what the crank is for.

With a drill only, the jacks serve as stabilizers. Crank them down til they hit the ground, and the TM won't move much as you walk around inside. In case you actually need to lift the TM to change a tire, for example, you should carry a small bottle jack (4 ton rating is good).

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:42 PM   #12
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

One note to add to Bill's while using a bottle jack, DO Not place it under the axle. as it will damage it.

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #13
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I'm thinking the price is close to being spot on. Closer to the west coast it should be higher. My assumption is it's in very good condition.

The banks use either nsda or KKB. But sales of Trailmanors are so low there is no real numbers for statistics to be meaningful. I bet there are fewer than a few hundred TM's across all the models, model years and all the states sold used each year. The level of accuracy for those low numbers, I would think are in the +- 50%. So how do they figure out the value?

I believe that nsda and kkb with these low sales numbers are looking at the total industry of all the manufactures, camper models, and using the average depreciation of the industry. They work backwards from the original list price, not the price that trailmanors are selling for. I also fell that they do not take into account the zip code. I have tried reloading nsda with different zip codes (east/west coast, etc..) I end up with the same value??
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote