TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
Gwenzilla

Default 2010 West Coast rally video released

To all West Coast rally participants and interested TrailManor owners,

Although my wife and I were unable to attend the Petaluma rally this year Andy Johnson was kind enough to provide bits and pieces of the event that he filmed so a video could be created. I have finally finished creating the video of the 2010 West Coast TrailManor Owners rally in Petaluma, California. I'm sorry it took so long... but as you know, sometimes life gets in the way.

The link to the video is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTKM353X

PLEASE NOTE : clicking this link will take you to MegaUpload.com where you will see the video file name. To the right side of the screen there is a 4 digit security code shown which you have to enter into the box just to the right of the code number shown. Then you click on the "Download file" button below that. The next window may show a little countdown timer running down from about 25 seconds to number 1, then a "Regular Download" button will appear. Use the "Regular download" button and NOT the "Premium Download". The premium download button will take you to a page asking you to pay for a membership, this IS NOT NECESSARY. Just use the "Regular Download" button. Also, if too many people try to download at the same time from the same internet provider (IP), the bandwidth limits might be exceeded and you may get a "Download limit exceeded" or similar message. If that happens to you just try again later. PLEASE keep in mind that this file is somewhat large and may take upwards of 15 to 30 minutes to download depending on bandwidth. I certainly hope that you find the video worth the wait.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: I ask you to please NOT put this video on YouTube or other fully public website.

Also I am working on a DVD of the presentation that Wayne Beavers gave as the main speaker at the Petaluma rally. This presentation, filmed by Andy Johnson, was titled "A Modest Introduction to Dry Camping" and after editing the DVD will run about one and a quarter hours. Because of the expenses involved in producing a DVD there will be the necessity to charge a small cost for the DVD which has yet to be determined (hoping to keep it under $15 but more on that later) . Wayne's presentation was very fun and informative and is full of tips on dry camping and he also talks about many places in California to do dry camping. If you are thinking that you would like to try dry camping then you should view Wayne's "A Modest Introduction to Dry Camping".

We are trying to gauge how much interest there may be in this DVD. If you think you would like a DVD of "A Modest Introduction to Dry Camping" please PM me here or email me at:[email protected]
Old 05-13-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Shandysplace

Default Outstanding Job - Again

Having little or no experience w/a video camera, I was amazed at what George was able to do with the video I took.

While the download takes a while, it's well worth the wait.

Thanks again George for a job well done.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Gwenzilla

Thanks Andy...

Also just in case anyone is interested... last years 2009 Petaluma rally video is still available for download.
The link is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14S8IUDB

The same method of download as noted in the first message above still pertains to getting this download, including the long download time.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
gocntry

Wow, 547Mb File How Long Did It Take To Upload That?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Bluegrass

Took me about 20 minutes to download.

For Mac users, I found that the MPEG file wouldn't play on Quicktime or the Mac version of Windows Media Player. I downloaded the VLC player from this site and it played nicely.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
Gwenzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocntry View Post
Wow, 547Mb File How Long Did It Take To Upload That?
About the same time as the download... now if I wasn't so cheap I'd move from the free access to premium access which would allow for faster downloads, but alas I am attracted to cheap.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Very nice!

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote