TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Redhawk

Default Bath Vent leaking...

AHHHHH....finally got a heavy rain here in the land of drought and fire, same hour I was going to get the Elk for a trip tomorrow. I was REAL happy to see water on the bathroom floor, dripping from the vent/fan assembly.

There was a break from the rain for about an hour, so I removed the old caulk (PIA) and recaulked it. Covered it up and hoping for the best so we can leave tomorrow. I suspect that I caused the leak when I disassembled the asssembly to clean the gunk off of it. I didn't realize what could happen.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
brulaz

Ours has done that in very heavy rains since we had it. Trailmanor even put in a new vent under warranty, but it still does it. For now we place a sponge on the corner of the vanity where it drips.

I thought you covered that vent? That didn't help? I was hoping it would so was planning to do the same.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Redhawk

No leaks after recaulking. There hasn't been a cloud burst like the one that first caused the leaks to appear, but it did rain most of the night after I caulked it, then off and on while we were camping. I do have it covered now so we'll see what happens.

I'm pretty sure I caused the leak when I disassembled it for cleaning. When i caulked it, I lightly pried up the top plate and put caulk between it and the roof, then a good bead around the edges.