TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-10-2015, 07:34 AM   #11
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Have learned the hard way to always listen to my gut, it usually spots more than I do.

OTOH the serial number of my TM matched a lady friend's telephone number...

ps for me three things wrong is a strikout.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:43 AM   #12
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by agilitynut View Post

I actually just spoke with someone this morning about a newly listed 2008. The salesman is getting the answers to my questions and is supposed to call me back shortly. From the photos it looks VERY clean and the price is much more in my comfort zone. Feeling hopeful, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks everyone!
Sounds much better. Good idea to pass on the first one.

You want the best condition and options you can afford. Newer model doesn't mean better quality. Just depends on how it was taken. Care of

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:13 AM   #13
agilitynut

Definitely better condition. Salesman says tires are new, battery will be replaced if close to 3 yrs old, awning in perfect shape, says he can't find anything wrong with it - no dings, rips, stains, or evidence of leaks (the pictures appear that way too.) They took it in on trade. He's finding out how many previous owners, etc for me and I asked him to quote me for delivery since it's a couple states away and given my schedule it may be worth it to me.

I did go ahead and make them an offer that might compensate for delivery cost, as my gut (and the photos) tells me this is a good find. May go ahead and put a (refundable) deposit on it while I wait for the rest of the answers.

Again, I'm hopeful, but have to see what happens.
agilitynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:26 AM   #14
agilitynut

Thinking if I can get a 2008 in very good shape for under $10K that would be a good deal. Agree/disagree?
Old 07-10-2015, 09:17 AM   #15
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I agree with the 2008. Anywhere around 10K would be very good during the camping season.

2 years ago, we traveled 600 miles to pick our's up. It is a 2003, which I think was the first year of the aluminum frame. The outside was dirty and some curtains had faded, a few things need maintenance. When the sun reflects off the roof, you can see a few minor dings. It had not been used much; It still had the plastic cling protector on the front carpet.

We cleaned and polished the outside, made new curtains, did the minor maintenance and some modes. We spent about $600 on maintenance and about 100 hours in work.

Two years later; about 8k miles and 60 night under the stars. It has been a solid performer. We had a few minor issues, which are normal RV things.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #16
Logman

Default Have cash in hand

Have your financing in order so you can move quickly on a good deal. Really good deals show up on this site occasionally but you must be ready to buy. I bought mine within hours of being listed and got a very nice camper for a good price and close to home. And be patient. Enjoy...
2007 Chevy Silverado/w cap
Logman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #17
agilitynut

Thanks, Tentcamper and Logman. I have money in the bank, just waiting for the right TM to spend it on.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:18 AM   #18
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Once you make arrangements to go and look at the camper. Call the DMV of the state you are buying it at and your DMV to make sure you know what need to be be done to transfer the title. Each state is different, but in most cases you follow the rules of the selling state.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #19
agilitynut

With the addition of over $1000 in doc and prep fees the price on the 2008 will be just over $11K, then there is the additional $1K+ if I want it delivered (the convenience of delivery given my schedule is worth something to me), and $700 sales tax. Funny how quickly things add up. Going to have to think about this one. Probably don't have a lot of time to think as I think it will sell pretty easily based on the way it looks in the photos.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:38 PM   #20
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Yes they always try to get you on those doc and prep fees - are really negotiable. My '06 a year ago was under $9k "out the door" but this sounds like it is in better shape. They just backed off the sale price until everything fit.

If I were replacing the battery, I'd go for two GC2s - are the most AH/dollar you can get. About $170 for pair at Sam's. Tires are similar. '08 is probably 15s but would want at least LRD (Load range D) - TM probably put in a grp 24 battery and LRC tires.